General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-08-2008, 05:46 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I replaced a few things today. Couldn't find any jeans that fit right. Maybe I'll wait until I lose more weight and use it a s a reward. Thanks for the support chickies!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:57 PM   #17  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Sounds like the same **** I went through when I lived in an apartment for 6 years.

I had kids at the time and my DH (Fiancee at the time) had just moved in with me.

We constantly had clothes stolen - mostly the baby/kids clothes.

After many complaints to the resident manager (who pretty much just rolled her eyes at me) and calls to the police (who told us that they had more important things to do), Todd started breaking the rules by doing the laundry at 3 - 4am in the morning (not supposed to start until 7).

People complained to resident manager on US... which they got the same reply (rolls eyes).

Now Todd's used to doing laundry at 4 am in the morning and it's always finished by the time i get up in the morning

Ahhh I know how to train-em.
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:03 AM   #18  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

UGH. That is why after dealing with apt. building laundry and laundry mats DH and I said we'd only get apts that had washer/dryer hookups and it is so nice, but I know its not always possible for everyone. People can be so cruel or even just plain stupid!!! I feel for ya because like you say its hard to find things that fit just right and feel comfy.

Big
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:38 AM   #19  

Even worse news...My neighbor just had 2 loads of laundry stolen! Most of it was her kids clothes! People suck!
Old 07-09-2008, 12:41 AM   #20  

I think I would post a note in the laundry room -- maybe as follows:

To the closet dresser (i.e. wierdo) who stole my clothes -- I hope you are enjoying them. I don't remember seeing anyone in this building with the same build as me -- but apparently you find my clothes comfortable and don't seem to mind that you are wearing my used underwear you freak!! I hope my laundry detergent gives you a rash that you are unable to clear up and that someone, someday returns the favor to you and steals your crap!!

I still remember when I was younger (and much thinner) some creepy guy at a laundromat asking if he could feel my underwear .

After I met my husband, I used to go to the laundromat once a week -- until I went away one weekend and my husband had to do it - he was hooknig up the washer/dryer the day I came home in our apartment -- He was so upset when he had to wait for a dryer (apparently it was okay for me (

Last edited by shelby897; 07-09-2008 at 12:41 AM.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:24 AM   #21  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickybird View Post
Even worse news...My neighbor just had 2 loads of laundry stolen! Most of it was her kids clothes! People suck!
UGH that is awful!!! Big to your neighbor and her kids!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:39 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby897 View Post
I think I would post a note in the laundry room -- maybe as follows:

I still remember when I was younger (and much thinner) some creepy guy at a laundromat asking if he could feel my underwear .

(

Lol maybe him and the guy who stole my underwear are related or something.
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:19 AM   #23  
prepare for the BEST time

It's getting a little creepy, don't you think......is someone hiding in the laundry room watching for the clothes? (or worse watching for an unsuspecting person to mug)~i think i watch too much TV sometimes, i'm suspicious.

The only reasoning I can think of is that it might be someone homeless/indigent. is access to your building open or do you need a key to get in.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:34 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Marble, I don't know if you're lucky enough to not have much/any apartment/dorm experience, or if you've been very lucky, but this kind of thing happens all the time. Sucks. It's bad enough to feel like you have to hang out in a laundry room for maybe hours while you do laundry, but mine has no chair and no a/c and it's 95 degrees these days. So, I usually take chances
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:45 PM   #25  
prepare for the BEST time

I always schlepped my clothes home to mama.....but it's been a long time

but I recently used a commercial laundry when my dryer broke, it was in a shopping mall.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:04 PM   #26  

yeah, the door is open, no a/c, about 90 degrees and 4,000% humidity, lol! I'll probably take my laundry to my MIL's house tomorrow.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:21 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Ugh, I could take it to my sister's, but she has one of those water saving machines, takes *forever*, if I came over with 4 loads I think I would be there *all* day. And since this is a sister who cooks really really well and doesn't believe in skimping, and also always has tons of snacks and candy laying around, and likes to make me fabulous mixed drinks ... scratch that
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote