General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-03-2008, 08:57 AM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default HAPPY 4th Of JULY ~ Plans?

HAPPY 4th Of JULY!

I just wanted to wish all of you a happy 4th before some of you left your computers for the week-end. I was curious what your plans are?

Off to work, I will post our party plans later....

JOIN A 5K....there is still time

Be Safe ~ Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:07 AM   #2  
ugggg.....

trying not to hit my husband in the head with a paintcan...staying home doing home repairs instead of actually going on a vacation after weeks of not getting along was not the brightest thing to do....

on the bright side...I babysit my grandson tomorrow and we are going to go see fireworks near my mom's
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:37 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

JULES ~ I hope you got things worked out

Well we had our first ever shuffleboard tournament. Angie and I have had the court for over a year and have never played. We ended up with 13 pairs of teams. Angie and I won our first round against my 9 and 12 year old nieces, then we lost to a team of teen-age friends of my nephew and my son and daughter in law. It was fun!

Nephew...the BIG SMACK-TALKER...won the trophy! So at least it stays here, safe and sound and in the family.

We had around 30 people...a blast of fun...hot dogs and hamburgers....salads, chips and dip, beans and desserts. Everyone of the adults brought something.

I had only one beer...didn't do too bad on the eating...

Everyone wants a re-match on the shuffleboard too! They are already planning a twice a year tournament (in Febuary when we get together the first Sunday after the Super Bowl, to remember my mom, and have Grandma Judi's chili, which I now make )...bocce ball may be on the way out...NAH!...if they weren't playing shuffleboard they were playing bocce ball...gotta keep 'em moving

Then we went out on the street and watched the fireworks, they are about 4 miles from my house so we can see and hear them just fine and stay at home.

About 7-10 just graduated high schooler's (some of who were here all day yesterday...and amazingly still here when I got up this morning) are coming over tonight for the UFC fights...pizza is gonna cost me a fortune...don't these kids ever eat at home?

I hope your 4th was GRAND!

Here are some pics of us ~ Me and Angie against our nieces...Nephew and his buddy the WINNERS and the trophy Angie got at Salvation Army for $1 and decorated with "jewels" from Michaels.

Last edited by EZMONEY; 01-03-2010 at 05:51 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:17 PM   #4  
ugggg.....

actually...I didn't have to hit him in the head...all the painting is done for this week. I still have to paint the laundry room and I decided to use the blue hubby picked out for the kitchen and then hated for my dd's old bedroom. I really didn't want a blue kitchen even though I LOVE blue. Hubby says the purple bathroom is growing on him...

we are going to my mom's to watch fireworrks tonight...

all is calm...but I still need a vacation.....

EZ--I LOVE shuffleboard, hubby is a horseshoe guy....your nephew looks like he is loving winning that beautiful trophy!! Looks like you had a great time with family...holidays have me missing my 23 year old son that moved to Washington state!!
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote