3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Help designing my page. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/145560-help-designing-my-page.html)

FairyVickie 07-04-2008 08:48 PM

Help designing my page.

Hi all :
I just joined today and am trying to figure out how to design my page. Where do I get the weight loss ticker ?? Also how to write my own quote that will appear with each thread or response I submit ??
Also when somebody comments on my threads, will I get notification or do I have to go to each and every thread daily to see if anybody had a comment/message for me ??
Many kind thanks for your help. Glad to be onboard.

Vickie :hug:

Tomato 07-04-2008 10:36 PM

Hi FairyVickie,

You will have to wait with the weight tracker a bit. There is a rule on the forum that you have to be a member for 30 days and must have 30 posts before you are "allowed" to get a weight/anything tracker. You can use a weight tracker from this forum or another option is The Ticker Factory.
As far as notification about replies to your posts goes, I don't think that feature is available/configurable. I simply go to the forum in which I post and check what's new several times a day (I am seriously addicted to 3FC).

Welcome aboard.

auntie g 07-04-2008 11:00 PM

Hey ladies! Yes, you can have notification about replies to your posts. I have no idea whether it's part of the 30 day wait or not, but aside from that, just go to User CP, then Edit Options. Go down to Messaging and Notification, and choose what you want in Default Thread Subscription Mode. Don't forget to go to the bottom to Save Changes!

snapless 07-04-2008 11:05 PM

Actually it is available, but it takes some configuring.

1a. You have to add a thread to your subscribed threads. This is in the top right of a thread under "Thread Tools".
OR
1b. Under "User CP", "Edit Options" you'll find a default setting for "Default Thread Subscription Mode". You can set it to automatically subscribe you to a thread when you reply or begin one of your own. There are various ways to set this up INCLUDING auto email notification of a reply.

2. If you choose to not get email notification, to view all your subscribed threads, you can click "User CP" and the default page will list your subscribed threads. Topics with posts you haven't read will appear in bold.

Tomato 07-04-2008 11:30 PM

Thanks for the clarification, auntie g and snapless. I actually prefer not to subscribe to any threads as I like to in on my own and "hunt" for any changes since my last visit. Call me weird but I think it's more fun that way. :-)

snapless 07-05-2008 12:42 AM

I don't subscribe either, I just hit "New Posts" and scan everything. :)

However I'm going to start subscribing to the Exercise Accountability thread and my WOE's Food Accountability thread because I update those every day.