General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-07-2008, 11:42 PM   #46  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator265 View Post
Maybe we can get my Dingbat DD and your Knucklehead Nephew together and dropped them both off on a deserted island somewhere in the Arctic Ocean.
Maybe she can join the NAVY with knucklehead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziep View Post
after a way too long break and losing my old username and password - i am back!

I have a pretty back summer cold- but the up side to that is- a day at home doing nothing and recuperating! I've been working so much, that even a day off because I'm sick, can still be rejoiced in the fact that it is a day off!!
Plus, who wants to work on Monday anyway?
I hope you feel better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post
My hair is 12 inches long!! I'm going to donate it to Locks of Love in memory of my mom & aunt!!
AWESOME SHOP!!

Well I spent the early evening walking 3 miles along the beach with my daughter...doesn't get much better than that!!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:17 AM   #47  
Operator265

Hey, I'm thinking Military School about now. Let her wreck a Sherman Tank instead of one of MY vehicles.

Last edited by Operator265; 07-08-2008 at 12:18 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:16 PM   #48  

I'm able to have more computer time this morning as my youngest is still asleep.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:44 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

Yesterday I got a phone call at work from my 17 yr old son saying he and Beth (his GF) had something they had to tell me and it was important, they hoped I wouldn't be upset. I was sure I was going to be a gramma, and spent the rest of the afternoon figuring out what I was going to say and how to keep my emotions in control.

I got home and they had supper made, the table set, and the living room vaccuumed. (OH MY GOD....this is REALLY BAD!!!)

Then he says, "Come in the living room and sit down." (I honestly wanted to run the other direction)

He speaks...."Mom, I Love You. Beth and I did something, we hope you won't be too upset. We didn't actually plan this, it just sort of happened."

I draw a deep breath, fight back tears. They are so young!!
Beth leaves the room.

The room is spinning, I think I need my inhaler, breathing is difficult. I close my eyes. Focus Kate....this is your son. Don't say anything you will regret. Be Calm.

Another slow deep breat, Open my eyes.

Beth is standing in front of me, holding a Kitten. The two of them laugh hysterically, my son says, "See a kitten doesn't seem so bad now does it???"

So I got my house cleaned, dinner made, and evening with my son and his GF. I am NOT gonna be a gramma yet!!! I have kitten I am not sure I wanted. But over all I would say it was a very good day!!

Last edited by KateB; 07-08-2008 at 01:47 PM.
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:27 PM   #50  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

OMG, Kate - my stomach was clenched in pain for you - then I got to the bottom of your story! How funny! Whew - a kitty doesn't sound quite so bad now, although I wouldn't know whether to be relieved or upset at their little joke.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:35 PM   #51  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HILARIOUS KATE!

Almost finished with the PIZZA that we bought on Saturday for the UFC fights...in the old days it would have been gone on Sunday

Daughter texted and e-mailed me a Thank-you card for taking her on a Father/Daughter walk yesterday

Started a job today close to home...one coming up in a few weeks is 9 hours away!
Old 07-09-2008, 02:23 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Okay EZMONEY right now I have to really think about this since I'm starting to come out of my funk. My list is very basic right now what I'm thankful for.

1. I'm not going hungry like so many others in this world.
2. To have a roof over my head
3. My hard working husband
4. For my dog who snuggles with me and can seem to sense when I'm down
5. I'm thankful for any good visits with my mom when she is feeling like her old self
6. I'm thankful for my mom's and her boyfriend's generousity when they are able to do so and they always do something generous when they have anything extra left over- they've saved us many times from eating sandwiches for a month by giving us money unexpectedly which turned into our grocery money
7. I'm thankful for my ongoing education which has led me to learn so many things about myself and my husband's willingness to sacrifice having a second full-time income
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:20 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

Despite the fact that the "Grandkitten" woke me up at 2:00 AM and wanted to play...it is still better than being woke up by a grandchild at 2:00 AM that needs a diaper change and wants to eat.

Last night I made whole what pasta with grilled chicken breast, onions, mushrooms, and green peppers in marinara sauce, a wilted spinach salad, and fresh pineapple and enjoyed it with DH, DD, her DBF , DS and his DGF. Then we spent a couple hours in the pool. It was a wonderful evening!!!
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:35 AM   #54  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I am sending my DD to the camp she loves and not allowing myself to worry about the expense. I am grateful to have good credit and a card with a high limit. I am trusting it will all work out.

I am thankful that I will have time alone with DH while she is gone.

That's what I've got today!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:49 AM   #55  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I am enjoying a blessing this week...time with my daughter and grandson from the West coast. After fixing dinner for family last night they all took off to a water park today. Grandma's thankful for a relaxing day to catch her breath.

I am thankful that my Mother is doing so well right now. She lives with us and has been ill for several months.

Some times it helps to stop and count the good things.
(and I just got a new car...)
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:52 PM   #56  
ugggg.....

I am thankful for my group here (Back in Kindergarten) is the best support that I have gotten in a LONG time!! Even on my whiny & depressed days and the times I read the posts but don't actually post and I still find little hi's specifically for me...

Others like EZ always brighten my day too.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:28 PM   #57  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thank you JULES

Well BRAT I know it has been tough for you but as you can see you do have MUCH to be happy about! It's easy....and understandable... for us to not see our daily blessings when BAD THINGS happen.

As you point out...how many in the world are hungry and have no home right now...how many women wish they had a husband...let alone a hard working one. A dog to cuddle with...a mom...I wish mine was still here. You're education will pay off too! These hard knock times...well, I won't say they won't last forever...we just never know...but at least, at some point...things will be different!...God is in control...He has His eye on you

See...right here...SUE I sure wish I had a grandkid!

SOUL I am sure things are going to work out...we always turn tough times it around down here!

KATE that dinner sounds great!

Well today I am so happy to be done with work! I had a hard day...but am so thankful I did work and have work ahead of me.

A lot of guys are out right now in construction. Angie made an awesome dinner of roasted vegetables, chicken on the BBQ, rosemary bread and sweet potatoes!

Angie is sitting behind me LAUGHING hysterically at MONTY PYTHON'S MEANING OF LIFE....I am not a FAN!...but love the fact she is in the familyroom with me...as I post with you all!

I have a great wife!
Old 07-10-2008, 11:36 PM   #58  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Well today I did Costco in under $600!

Son and daughter in law "may" have found a house to buy near me!

Angie is watching her new Harry Potter she picked up at Costco and staying off my back...kidding of course!

Daughter is turning 25 tomorrow and I will be sending the evening with her and my wife and son in law at a play and dinner at the local outside theater...way cool! Guys and Dolls.

Got 3 miles of treadmill work in

Got my lipitor re-filled

good for another month I 'spose!

Take care everyone!

Life is good!

Had some "crud" today too...don't we all?...but who wants to hear it and what good does hashing it all back up do for us anyway!!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 12:14 PM   #59  

Height: 5'4"

I got into work today after, ready for another boring day in front of the computer. My officemate (who is great but is leaving for another job in a few weeks) filled me in on some office gossip. The sort of stuff that reminds me that I need to get out of this job because I have no future here, no chance for advancement, and even if I did advance, they would still treat me badly, because they treat everyone here badly. Long story. But basically, I actually cried when I heard about how they treated a co-worker, and I'm not even that chummy with her. I thought, man, I need to get out of here more than ever.

A half hour later my phone rang, and I have a job interview set up for next Thursday! It's a sign, right? Tell me it's a sign!
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:01 PM   #60  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I hope it is a good sign for you AMY! Good luck!

Today is a great day!

In fact 25 years ago today was the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!

That was the day my daughter was born....seeing her in her little hospital crib, while her 2 yrs and 4 month old brother raced around the hospital hall grabbing everyone...and I mean everyone!, people we didn't even know,...and showing them his little sister, through the big picture windows was something that I will never ever forget!

Best day of my life.....

Re-lived it many times today....life is good!