Smokers need more nutrients than others do. Tobacco smoke leads the increment of free radicals (cancer-causing agents) in the body. On the other hand, it decreases vitamin C and vitamin E. You must plan your diet keeping all these in mind.
Approved Diet For Smokers:
* Eat deep green, dark red, orange or yellow vegetables daily 3-4 times
* Do eat red, yellow, orange, or green fruits 3-4 times a day
* Take 2 tsp of wheat germ oil (supplement of vitamin E) and 5-6 Brazil nuts
* Start taking green tea rather than coffee
* Juices of cranberry, grapefruit, lemon, and orange
* Eat 4oz tomatoes daily, in sauce or chopped.
* Use garlic and onion with vegetables.
* Eat four egg whites a day.
* Eat healthy protein such as fish, lean chicken/turkey.
* Include small amounts of lean red meat in your diet
* Keep taking soy foods (soybeans) regularly.