General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-01-2008, 06:49 PM   #1  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Default Job interview horror stories? Let's hear 'em!!

I just had my very first 'official' job interview for a local Blockbuster, here. It was TERRIBLE! The entire thing only lasted 10 minutes. He threw me straight to the LIONS, I tell you! I was expecting a nice chat about job expectations and salary and training processes. Instead he introduced himself, and gave me ten seconds (timed!) to sell him movie recommendations based off of different scenarios. Then he gave me 25 seconds (timed!) to look over the membership plan, handed me a stack of movies, and I had to sell the membership to him based off of the movies he picked, quoting price differences, amounts, and five different membership deals and special passes. I was SOOO nervous I stumbled, and stuttered a little, and I was shaking like CRAZY. It was all so high pressure and FAST! Seriously in and out the door in TEN minutes. But I answered all of the questions in my time limits (except the membership, that was just TOO MUCH INFO TO LEARN IN 25 SECONDS!!) and I'm starting to think I'll NEVER get hired, EVER!!! And that's really sad because I really really need books for college.

I'm soooo stressed about it now.

But I'm hoping you wonderful job-finders have embarrassing or stressful stories of your own to share, so I feel less like a screw up!! What's the worst interview you've ever had??
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:10 PM   #2  

Hi,
Well,once my interview was going quite badly and finally the man said "you remind me so much of my x wife that I ealy do not like you at all"I calmly said"I don't really like you either "and then we both started to laugh.

Wehatted a while and finally he did offer me the job which politely refused as well as a decline on a dinner invitation. Poor man some definite unresolved issues.

Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:12 PM   #3  
Just keep breathing!

Hahahaha!! Wow! Now that DOES sound awkward.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:32 PM   #4  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

During one job interview in front of a panel of three people, one of the men started to pick his nose!! Not discretely itching a scratch or anything--he was digging for gold!

I just kept rambling on with whatever answer I was giving at the time, because I thought that somehow it must be part of the interview to see how I reacted. So, I chose to politely ignore it.

But, here and now, let me just say....

EWWWWWW!!!!
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:47 PM   #5  
Mommy to be!

S/C/G: 168/---/125

Height: 5'4"

i cried...in the interview...i think i was totally stressed and freaked out!! I have never admitted that before.
skinnybeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

I had a series of interviews a few years back at a high-powered, fast paced marketing agency.

EIGHT interviews - back to back - no breaks in between (no lunch!) - it went on for 7 hours. And these people were drilling me, not the easy normal questions, but pulling out examples of marketing they'd done and asking me to choose the "best" - making me do random calculations in my head - it sucked, lol.

I have never been so miserable at an interview in my life! They did offer me the job, but I turned it down. If they grill me like that in an interview, imagine the job!!!
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Not my embarassing story, but it happened to a girl I interviewed for a waitressing position. She showed up to the interview so hung over, that she could barely look me in the eye and then proceded to throw up on the floor. She didn't get the job and I had to clean up the mess b/c she was to busy ordering a drink at the bar.... needless to say she didn't get the job!
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:17 PM   #8  
Just keep breathing!

Oh man!!

I haven't gotten the call back from Blockbuster, no real surprise. That sounds sooo grueling Lunula! I would have turned them down, too!!!

And man that's soooo gross Shantroy. Ohh yuck. Yuck award also goes to the nose digger!!!!

And Mrs. B, I would have hired you even though you cried! I certainly WANTED to!!
Old 07-03-2008, 10:27 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

IGLOO GIRL it may look bleak, for the moment, but I can tell, from what I see you post, that if you don't get hired...YOU are NOT the one with the interview problem!

Prayers that the right job for you comes soon and those books get paid...2 kids just out of college and 1 still in I KNOW how much they cost...thank goodness for scholarships!

EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote