General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-23-2008, 08:13 PM   #1  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Default A sports bra = a life saver

Ya think I'm nuts? Well, I may be, but read this article how a sports bra saved a woman's life.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:52 PM   #2  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

lol when I first heard about this I thought that maybe the girl had used her bra as a slingshot to kill a rabbit or something, ala Bear Grylls.

I wonder how she got it off w/a dislocated shoulder. Must have hurt. Glad she used her head and was rescued.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:06 AM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Too funny...smart woman though!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

My sports bras only save me from black eyes!
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:28 AM   #5  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelby29 View Post
My sports bras only save me from black eyes!
Hahaha, that's very funny, I almost choked on my cereal.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:41 PM   #6  
No description available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat Trick View Post
lol when I first heard about this I thought that maybe the girl had used her bra as a slingshot to kill a rabbit or something, ala Bear Grylls.

I wonder how she got it off w/a dislocated shoulder. Must have hurt. Glad she used her head and was rescued.
I figured she waved a brightly colored bra and attracted the searchers' attention that way! Seriously, she is a smart girl and survived based on brains. I'm glad she's ok.

PS I love Bear Grylls. That is the only show I watch with any sort of regularity.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:38 PM   #7  

good story haha
crazyaboutgym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:17 PM   #8  
No surrender, no retreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
PS I love Bear Grylls. That is the only show I watch with any sort of regularity.
We used to big BG fans until all the stuff came out about his sleeping in hotels and all. Now, not so much. I like the show way better the first 2 seasons. I don't like all the bug eating just for grossness stuff now. My son (special needs) loves BG but, as with all things w/kids, he has kind of gotten over him. We have a poster of him from his Mt. Everest flight. My son wrote to him when the show first came on and got his autograph and pic of him when he was young climbing Mt. Everest. All very cool.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:05 PM   #9  
No description available.

He sleeps in hotels?????? Say it ain't so!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:39 AM   #10  
No surrender, no retreat

midwife -- didn't you hear about all that? He stayed at hotels on some shoots (vs. staying in the wild). The Hawaii one - supposedly he stayed at a hotel there and where the show was filmed wasn't where he said it was filmed, it wasn't even in the 'wild' part of the island it was near a tourist attraction. They supposedly 'ehanced' the volcanic gas w/FX type gas. All stuff like that. All the 'wild animals' he found or killed? Most were placed there or brought in. The horse he tried to 'mount' in one eppie? Tame horse bought in, you can see shoes on the horses hooves. They pulled the first two seasons and re-edited them in attempts to fix and quiet all the talk.

His Mt. Everest paraglide? He never registered it w/the right authorities and one of the rules for this type of record-setting stunt is to take off from flat ground. They took off from the side of the mountain about 14,500 up. So regardless of whether he actually 'flew higher than Everest' doesn't matter it will never be recorded as such. I saw the show on it and it's impossible to tell whether he really did what he said because Mt. Everest was too far in the back ground to accurately know if he was higher than it. Also, he changed his 'over Mt. Everest' plan at the last minute and actually never left the area of the Pheriche plateau. Do a search on him or better yet, check out the message boards at Man vs. Wild on the Discovery channels website.

I still like the guy but am not confident that he is being 100% honest in what he does. Then again, what he's doing is a TV SHOW so to me, it's just entertainment not a 'how-to guide'. If I ever decided to go into the wild, watching his show is not how I'd prep for it!

Last edited by Hat Trick; 06-26-2008 at 09:41 AM.