3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Not George Carlin too. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/144607-not-george-carlin-too.html)

Operator265 06-23-2008 09:45 AM

Not George Carlin too.

I just got the paper and found out George Carlin has died. OMG, he was my absolute favorite comedian. I loved his intelligence and how he just got straight to the point w/o any BS. I am going to miss him.:sorry:

It really isn't the shock at Tim Russert or Dale Earnhardt since he's had heart trouble, drug use and was older, but still, I feel a little piece of myself gone now too.:dunno:

murphmitch 06-23-2008 09:53 AM

I loved George Carlin too. My 20 yo son recently "discovered" him and he thought he was hilarious too. :cry:

Iianae 06-23-2008 09:59 AM

So sad =(

I feel like more and more famous folks from "my time" are now leaving us and it's making me feel older each day. I loved George Carlin!!

2fat2jump 06-23-2008 10:01 AM

I'll miss him too. I had the privilege of being able to see his act in concert a couple times. He was the best.

Operator265 06-23-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fat2jump (Post 2238266)
I'll miss him too. I had the privilege of being able to see his act in concert a couple times. He was the best.

Yeah, when I saw his picture on the front page, I thought, "Finally, I get a chance to see him live. ****, I'll take a day off work." Then I read the sub-heading and almost fainted.

audreymonroe 06-23-2008 11:23 AM

My fav comedian. So, so sad, and he will be missed.

aphil 06-23-2008 12:28 PM

He was my favorite comedian, too. I loved the fact that he was not politically correct-he said what way too many people were thinking, but afraid to say out loud.

He was also an "equal opportunity" person-he didn't single out one group to make fun of...he made fun of 'em ALL. :D

He always made me laugh...he will be missed.

alinnell 06-23-2008 12:39 PM

I remember him on Johnny Carson one night (yeah, I'm dating myself!). I was in bed, but my parents were watching. I started laughing so much I had to come in and watch the rest of the show. What really got me going was his mentioning taking a slice of bread from the middle of the loaf...at the time I thought "wow, someone ELSE does this?"

PhotoChick 06-23-2008 12:57 PM

I was so shocked ... I knew he was older and had heart issues ... but it was just so unexpected.

My two favorite skits of his are the ones about the leftovers in the fridge ("could be meat ... could be cake ... could be meatcake!") and the one about stuff ("Sometimes you gotta move, gotta get a bigger house. Why? No room for your stuff anymore!").

I've been watching GC skits on YouTube all morning.

jules1216 06-23-2008 01:03 PM

I was sad to read the news myself...I think my brother still has an old cassette with the 7 words you couldn't say on TV. Such a funny guy...he will be missed.

Mongoose 06-23-2008 01:08 PM

:(He was my favourite comedian too..I'm still pretty shocked about it..

Eves 06-23-2008 09:32 PM

At work today all of us were going around saying the 7 words as quickly as we could and then scuttling away. We're so lucky we never have to deal with our clients at the office.

He will be missed. I saw him like 4 years ago and I nearly pissed (HA!) myself laughing.

Heather 06-23-2008 09:40 PM

Photochick -- I loved the refrigerator man bit too. When I was younger, I had it memorized...

"I've got some chocolate pudding here, anyone want a chocolate pudding? It's only pulled away from the side of the dish three inches all the way around, and there's a huge fault running through the center of the pudding. It's nothing but a ball of skin at this point. Anyone want a ball of fault-ridden chocolate pudding skin? I'm only going to throw it away..."