General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-20-2008, 08:14 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphmitch View Post
IMO it's the kids who have no rules who feel the most unloved. Loving parents discipline their kids out of love.
I never said otherwise. I was speaking especially about parents who discipline their kids out of love. Kids will still scream "I hate you." They will still feel no one understands. Some may even think a baby will make it all better. Even well-parented kids go way off course sometimes.

But given the situation with so many girls involved, you do have to wonder what's going on at home, and in the community.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:36 PM   #32  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
He might "hate" you right now, but I'm sure he knows exactly why you're skipping the party. He has to know he is loved.
Oh sure he does ANNE...he doesn't hate me really...never really said that...he is just P.O.'d because he is embarrassed...told all his friends about the big party we have for the kids...EVEN though I told him time and time again that the parties are to celebrate effort (not GRADES)...no effort = no party...EFFORT = PAR-TAY!! ...trust me...he knew it was coming...denial...he knows...he scored near top of his NAVY testing...smart but lazy.

I think his biggest "concern" was that he thought would be punished...on restriction, like the past for poor grades...I told him when he started this year he was on his own...sink or swim all by himelf...always accusing me of being too hard on him...so this year I stayed out of everything so he could show me what he could do on his own...1.8....sad...sad....no punishment...no restriction.

There comes a time when you have pretty much done all you can! I am there with knucklehead...at least for now
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:54 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Why has no one explained the ugly part of pregnancy and babies to these girls? Nausea, vomiting, hemorrhoids, back pain, stretch marks, weight gain, mood swings, all night feedings, baby spit up down your bra, baby poo under your fingernails, non-stop crying, teething, fevers, etc?!?!
Eeesh. I love kids, but I'm waiting to have my first one. I'm 27 and I still feel that's too young, lol!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:36 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 203 / 171 / 133

Height: 64"

I'm sure many have explained the ugly parts of pregnancy to these girls, but the nature of teens is to believe you are 'ten feet tall and bulletproof.' If one woman out of all the billions has had a pregnancy with no stretch marks, and back to a flat belly in a week, they believe they will do it, too, because they're smarter than the rest of us.

Also, TV puts this stupid image out there -- ever notice on TV how the new mother leaves the hospital with the baby in her pre-pregnancy clothes? Kids think that's how it goes. SITCOMs need to show new moms leaving the hospital all puffy, still looking pregnant, with a big blood spot on her nasty sweatpants because you have to change the pad every 30 minutes, and bags under her eyes. Still might not help with teens, though. They believe they can be like Nicole Ritchie. And they'll never want for money. ANd their babies will all be like having a little doll, never colicky, sleeping through the night right away...
RMatS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:20 AM   #35  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMatS View Post
I'm sure many have explained the ugly parts of pregnancy to these girls, but the nature of teens is to believe you are 'ten feet tall and bulletproof.'
Right, and besides, if grown women decide to continually become pregnant (and men to randomly impregnate without thinking things through) despite lacking the resources, skills and sense to parent well, how can we truly be shocked that a child/teen would do it too?
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:20 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickybird View Post
Why has no one explained the ugly part of pregnancy and babies to these girls? Nausea, vomiting, hemorrhoids, back pain, stretch marks, weight gain, mood swings, all night feedings, baby spit up down your bra, baby poo under your fingernails, non-stop crying, teething, fevers, etc?!?!
Eeesh. I love kids, but I'm waiting to have my first one. I'm 27 and I still feel that's too young, lol!
I see there's supposed to be this reality show this summer called Baby Borrowers, sounds like teen couples are given a baby to sit and a house to run and see how long it takes before they climb the wall. Should be worth watching
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:43 PM   #37  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANOther View Post
I see there's supposed to be this reality show this summer called Baby Borrowers, sounds like teen couples are given a baby to sit and a house to run and see how long it takes before they climb the wall. Should be worth watching

I can not wait until this comes on! I just about freaked when my friend sent me the link to this story! HOW sad that these girls had to do something that will effect the rest of their lives and the lives of others (the dads and babies) to "feel loved".

Reality will smack them in the face and they will regret this decision all too soon I am afraid!!!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:52 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTryin View Post

Reality will smack them in the face and they will regret this decision all too soon I am afraid!!!
The thing is just because those teenagers were idiotic enough, a baby is to pay the price. Another human being. Here I am being 100% honest. I do want children one day. Even if there is a possibility of me not being able to get pregnant due to POCs I will adopt. This said, I have never, ever thought of having a child without a job and a mean to give it the necessary comforts interdependently. Because having a child is a major responsibility. And those teenagers will have a child just because they thing it's an accessory or something? This scares me. A lot!
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 04:04 PM   #39  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANOther View Post
I give 'em 48 hours max b/4 they're whining and crying for someone to take the babies and responsibilities away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetyladyserenity View Post
Because having a child is a major responsibility. And those teenagers will have a child just because they thing it's an accessory or something?
I get the impression that these kids seem to think it's like having a dog to dress up. All cutsie and goo-goo gaa-gaa. The novelty WILL wear off though and then where will they be? They are digging themselves into a very, very deep hole which will be extremely hard (but NOT impossible) to dig themselves out of. Sounds to me like these particular kid's parents do not give a crap about them; perhaps they were teenage parents themselves and this is the lesson they've passed on? All I know is YOU and I are footing the bill for these leeches and frankly, I'm sick to death of paying for everyone else.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:00 PM   #40  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I think its really stupid to blame celebs. Celeb's make bad choices all the time, they're sooo not perfect at all. Why would someone wanna follow their examples?? If kids had any sense, then they'd know better than to do that.

I'm not at all surpised by all those girls getting pregnant. It's their life, and if they all wanna be mommies, then let them. Girls in my high school got pregnant all the time..so it's really not that shocking. To be honest..I'm rather jealous. I'd give anything to have a baby. We've been trying for 5 years, and nothing has happened. I was 17 when we first started trying. But then again..I knew I was going to marry my dh.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 06-21-2008 at 10:01 PM.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:35 PM   #41  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post
I'm not at all surpised by all those girls getting pregnant. It's their life, and if they all wanna be mommies, then let them. Girls in my high school got pregnant all the time..so it's really not that shocking. To be honest..I'm rather jealous. I'd give anything to have a baby. We've been trying for 5 years, and nothing has happened. I was 17 when we first started trying. But then again..I knew I was going to marry my dh.
Personally, I think when you are under 16 (most of these girls are according to the articles), your life isn't completely your own. You still live with your parents and your parents support you. Also, it is not just their lives but the lives of the unborn child that they are having because they think it'll be 'cute' to be a mommy. I think when you bring a child into the world, you need to think of them more than you think of yourself.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:43 PM   #42  
I wont give in.

S/C/G: 312/188/130

Height: 5'8

I heard about this on Entertainment tonight and they tried to blame the stupidity of these teenage girls on Juno, Knocked Up, and Jamie Lynn Spears. They think that these things made pregnancy seem "Glamorous" but I refuse to believe that. All these girls wanted was attention, and they got it. Congrats on ruining your lives
bfvgirlplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:11 PM   #43  

A friend of mine in high school accidently got his girlfriend pregnant, quit conventional high school to work full time and completed his GED before the rest of his class, and is now the proud and happy single-father of a 7-year-old daughter.

The point? He was a stand-up guy. Where are the fathers of these babies?
Sweet Sissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:16 PM   #44  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I read that one of them is a 24 y.o. homeless guy. The rest are apparently high school classmates. I also read that because of the age of some of these girls, they may press charges of statutory rape against some of the young men.

Last edited by murphmitch; 06-21-2008 at 11:16 PM.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:40 AM   #45  
Operator265

Quote:
I also read that because of the age of some of these girls, they may press charges of statutory rape against some of the young men.
These girls went in with a "plan" and should not be held blameless either. Men are dumb when it comes to getting laid, and boys are completely stupid. So just who got "raped".

But, let's not get on our high horses and immediately blame the parents. I love my DDs and anyone who wants to question the choices I've HAD to make is welcome to show up here anytime to tell me what a screw up mother I am, but be prepared for an a$$whopping. I HAVE to work and I have to make a good income to support them.

I'm going thru **** right now trying to decide whether or not to give up one of the best paying jobs in the area in order to be home at the right times for my youngest DD(PS that's Dear not Damned Daughter). She isn't dealing with my shift work as well as her older Sis did. But then again, I'm not sure sometimes if I like the hardness from the older one is what I like to hear either. She understands reality, but it still bothers me.

From what I'm hearing with the reports of the pact is that the area they live in is suffering strong economic struggles. Everyone here has had to have had their lives turned upside down at some point. If not, then you haven't truly reached adulthood.

Parents make tough choices everyday. If you haven't had to, then count your blessings, cause you've had more than your fair share. Sometimes feeding them has to come before hugging them.

I pray 3 times a day for my girls. I'm terrified that tomorrow they may somehow become a national headline. Please everyone, understand that I am doing my best and that's all that I can do.

And I love both of them as much as anyone has ever loved anyone!!!! I would, and have been in a situation where it was my life or my oldest, I didn't take anytime to decide it would be my life.

Last edited by Operator265; 06-22-2008 at 11:48 AM.