3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Hula-Hoop turns 50! Did you....? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/144364-hula-hoop-turns-50-did-you.html)

EZMONEY 06-20-2008 12:00 AM

Hula-Hoop turns 50! Did you....?

Well did'ja...do'ya Hula-Hoop?....Angie does from time to time...we have them for the dogs....they do a few measley tricks with them for their cookies...but did'ja...do'ya Hula-Hoop?

The Hula-Hoop turned 50 TODAY! :bday2you:

GradPhase 06-20-2008 12:22 AM

I have never in my LIFE hula-hooped!

I've ALWAYS thought I was missing out, because of it! I also can't skate or ride a bike either, though, so it's no real surprise!

mayness 06-20-2008 05:01 AM

I can't do it. Well, I can make it go around once or twice, but then it drops straight to the ground. I've always told people that I'd have to work extra hard at it because I have no hips... but I think mostly I'm just not coordinated enough. :p

auntie g 06-20-2008 07:15 AM

Ha! Oh, how I loved my hula hoop when I was a kid! I'm sure it would be good exercise now, but the last time I tried using my niece's hoop, it was a rather pathetic showing. Maybe I need to get my own and practice, practice, practice!

yoyoma 06-20-2008 07:22 AM

I also loved it and was pretty good at it as a kid. I was heavy as a kid, and I used to think my success was a result of my early development of womanly hips. So, I was surprised when I tried my daughter's hoop and couldn't keep it going. Maybe I'll try again...

CountingDown 06-20-2008 08:28 AM

Not recently, but I was a hula-hoop queen back in the day. EVERYONE brought them for recess, they were great exercise (but we didn't realize it back then).

Of course, I just gave away my age since this means that I was in elementary school 40+ years ago.

;)

alinnell 06-20-2008 01:01 PM

I was never able to as a kid, but I can now. But most of the time I'm doing a virtual hula hoop via Wii Fit!

Marathon Mom 06-20-2008 02:02 PM

I can hula hoop! On my waist, neck, leg, and arm!

Not at the same time though...
:dance:

gypsylthr 06-20-2008 02:19 PM

I actually bought a Hula Hoop recently - thought it might add some fun to my workouts. I do it while I watch TV. My record so far is 16 minutes without having it drop. Next time I'm at a beach party, I will not be embarassed to enter the contest!

EZMONEY 06-20-2008 07:29 PM

Awesome GYPSYLTHR...but just how many beaches are there in Phoenix?

Apple Cheeks 06-20-2008 07:33 PM

When I was a kid I could hula-hoop pretty effortlessly.

Now, not so much. I can only twirl it around a few times before it just circles down my legs to the floor. Sad. :(

:D

Sweetcaroline 06-20-2008 07:38 PM

Wow... we used to have 'contests' too. I was never very good at it...
Now, give me a Pogo Stick back then :woohoo:....
We used to make our way around the neighborhood on those things... used them like bikes... :yes:

gypsylthr 06-20-2008 08:38 PM

No beaches, EZ, but plenty of nice resorts that hold beach-type parties during the summer for the locals, since it's the off-season.

EZMONEY 06-20-2008 09:12 PM

Gotcha GYPSY...know all about those Snowbirds, from living in Yuma (family still there) 3 times before I turned 10!

Circebee 06-20-2008 09:49 PM

Hey! How timely- I've hooping with my Hoopnotica hoop and homemade adult size heavy hoop for about three weeks now. What an amazing core workout! And it is SO much fun with music! WHEEEEE!!!