General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-18-2008, 08:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default Not sure what I'm gonna do!!

My roommate of 6 years and cousin just told me she was gonna move out. I can not afford this place on my own. I can't even afford half of this place on my own. It doesn't help either that I think it's gonna be the biggest mistake of her life to do this. They have been on and off since the beg of their relationship ( Since Oct '07 ) and I think he doesn't treat her well. She knows how I feel about it as well. This sucks and I have no idea what I am gonna do!
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:58 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Seems stressful!

I take from your post that your cousin is moving out with a love interest? There's not much that can be done about that that you probably haven't already tried to do.

If it were me, I would look at it as a "clean slate" and move out too. If I were single, I'd look to rent a room or take on a caregiver position that offered free room and board for "overnights", meaning that I would have the days and weekends to myself, but would be available to help if the person needed it overnight.

OR

I would ask any friends who might be interested if they would like to move in or put an ad out now for a roommate and begin screening.

Last edited by SoulBliss; 06-18-2008 at 08:58 PM.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/135-see tracker

Height: 5 ' 3"

Good advice from SoulBliss.

That's hard with someone you're so close to, to see them do something that you are convinced is a mistake. But all you can do is let go, as she will do what she wants and it's out of your hands, and hopefully she'll learn and grow from and through the experience.

As for you: new beginning time. That can be kind of fun as there are all sorts of possibilities to explore for your new living situation.

Good Luck!!
Ailey60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Thanks for the replies guys. I've never had to interview for roommates before. I have no idea where to go from here. Living with "strangers" is not something I have ever had to do. This gets dropped on me with 2 weeks left till my sisters wedding that I am the maid of honor in, so I"ve been running around crazy. It's just a little overwheling. *sigh*
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote