General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-17-2008, 11:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 263/198/140

Height: 5'7"

Angry Really Upset

OK so this has NOTHING to do with weight loss... but I wanted to use this to ask what you guys think.... (sorry for the novel- I consider you guys my friends and I needed to hear what you guys think of this!!!!)

My daughter is 3 yo, she is super active. (That's her in the picture with me!) It is a massive fight to get her to sleep or take a nap. I have her in day care 2 times a week- prior to this place she was at a very nice place but was always getting very sick... pneumonia etc. So I needed to take her out of there. So I asked friends etc about any recommendations and received the name of these two women who were highly recommended. I met them, liked them and decided it would be a good place. They had glowing reviews. Every time I would pick her up I would ask them how she did, "she slept wonderfully." I have been puzzled.... my child? Even in the nice fancy day care they fought to have her sleep! They said "she just liked laying next to the other kids." Hmmmm..... ok... today I was sitting on the couch and my daughter was wrapping my siberian husky up in a blanket and petting her telling her to go to sleep. She then ran over to her play kitchen, got a cup and said "want your cherry bubblegum?" She had Lexi (my dog) drink from the cup. "Now you sleep better." The light went off. I asked her if she liked cherry bubblegum, she said ""I asked where she has had it... she said school (that's what we call day care). Then she said after dinner (she calls lunch dinner). I then let it go and later said "is cherry bubblegum something you eat or drink" and she looked at me with an odd expression and she said "Tylenol" (ALL medicines that are liquid are called Tylenol to her- even antibiotics). Again I tried not to give any expression at all- "Why did you take tylenol? Did you have a headache?" She said... "NO it make me sleep better, like this" she threw herself down on the couch and pretended to snore. "I drink it real fast!" (This statement is something I have heard for a long time that I wondered where it came from). Later I asked her, "what do you do at school..." she said nap and again pretended to sleep.

I am furious.... beyond belief. I am completely convienced that they are drugging the children , MY CHILD, with cherry bubblegum Benedyl to make them sleep. I even went to look up Benedryl online and guess what- comes in cherry flavored bubblegum (WE NEVER buy that flavor- only grape! And she had never had benedryl because she doesn't have allergies!) I am now looking back over all sorts of conversations and she had told me before and I just didn't get it.....

I am speechless... and furious.

Last edited by amazingplatinum; 05-18-2008 at 12:56 PM.
amazingplatinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:55 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

That is so very very frightening. I would call the police and also local child care licensing to investigate. If it IS true, something needs to be done!

I was just admiring your beautiful happy looking child and you before I read the thread.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:59 PM   #3  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

http://www.daycare.com/colorado/

Heres a link with some info that may help.

Here's a number:

Child Abuse Reporting
To report suspected child abuse in Colorado, call Local (toll): (303) 866-5932.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 263/198/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBliss View Post
http://www.daycare.com/colorado/

Heres a link with some info that may help.

Here's a number:

Child Abuse Reporting
To report suspected child abuse in Colorado, call Local (toll): (303) 866-5932.
Thank you so much for the information- I will look into it. Believe me I am going to do something.
amazingplatinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:02 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Wow. I agree. I would totally contact CPS after notifying them why your daughter wont be back.

Best of luck to you - you have a beautiful daughter! btw, kids getting sick at daycare is pretty normal when they first start..just like teachers get sick at the beginning of the school year. If you decide to give that another go she her immunity will boost and she will stop being so sick all of the time.
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:03 AM   #6  
Operator265

PM me amazing. Please.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:04 AM   #7  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

I used to work in a daycare and the day care is really nervous about the state coming. Call the state......they will come out to investigate quickly. Also call the other number that was posted. The state can shut them down due to drugging the children. It will possibly get all over the news and maybe there will be more cases of children being drugged in the past. Good luck. I would be furious!!!!!
tkglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:06 AM   #8  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

There is airborne JR. for children. Give that to her so she won't get so sick. My second child would get sick all the time when going to daycare....pneumonia every 2 weeks for six months. Trust me.....I know how you feel. I never gave the airborne to him because I always just figured it was his asthma. Good luck.
tkglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:39 AM   #9  
Made of Starstuff

Oh my gosh! How horrifying!

All the best to you and your daughter... I hope they haven't really been doing that, but unfortunately from what you've written, I'd be thinking the same thing.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:58 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

That is disgusting! What if your kid had been allergic to Benedryl?!?! I'd call CPS and maybe talk to some of the other parents. Then I'd make a call to the cops and a news station. That is infuriating!
To even think some "teacher" would be sick enough to do that?!?! That is revolting!
Please keep us posted!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:08 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

HOLY CRAP!! I don't have kids yet but I would be furious! I don't blame you for thinking what you're thinking and I would be thinking the exact same thing and before I finished even reading your post that exact thought was already forming in my mind. My advice would be to call CPS like the others have said but I would not alert the daycare as to why you're pulling your child out of their daycare if that's what you're going to do. Just fib and give them another reason so that they don't clean up their act before CPS gets there. I'm so sorry this has happened!

Last edited by blondebritbrat17; 05-18-2008 at 02:09 AM.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:18 AM   #12  
Releasing the inner hiker

Is there a way you could talk to the friends who recommended the place and have them ask their children if they ever had the cherry bubblegum benedryl?

I am in shock and would be furious. I also wouldn't be bringing my child back there again.

Keep us posted on what happens. I'm really concerned for all the children involved.
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:22 AM   #13  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Oh. My. GOD. I'm totally shocked. I really hope something is done about these so-called Childcare Professionals VERY VERY SOON.

So, so wrong! I'm glad nothing happened to your daughter due to their wrong-doings!!!
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:07 PM   #14  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

In your agreement with them, are they not prohibited from dispensing medication without your permission? That sounds quite hazardous. I'd be furious too!

I only ever took my kids to a day care center, not someone's home - and fear over a situation like this was one of the reasons. How terrifying !
mirihawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:10 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

So it there any news? I'm dying to know what happened? Those people need to be punished, if not criminally charged, for what they've done.
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote