General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-19-2008, 03:09 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 233/181/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyPaula View Post
im surprised at how many people in america have dryers...

i dont have one... i wouldnt ever use one, they are hugely uneconomical and massive waste of electricity! sorry!

i use the line outside to dry things, and if its winter we hang on clothes horses in the house and on radiators....

i dont see the point in paying for something twice if that makes sense?

I agree. I only use my dryer in the winter/when it rains (usually plan laundry around the bad weather, lol). Though I don't have room for hanging things in my tiny house, though if I did I would (mom and dad had a designated "laundry room" at home with lines strung up). It saves soo much electricity.
CrazedLedZepFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:26 PM   #32  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

6 washed and dried. 1 more to wash & dry. Then I will fold infront of the tv tonight after the kids go to bed. I hate matching socks. I love hanging and do all year round. I will set aside stuff from different loads if they need to be dried quickly and use the machine. But generally 80% of my stuff is dried au natural!

Last edited by JuliaDH; 05-19-2008 at 03:30 PM.
JuliaDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:31 PM   #33  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I hate matching socks too. Dh is so weird about his socks matching that I usually just end up throwing his in the drawer so he can figure it out. Plus, its annoying trying to match 50 billion black socks. They're ALL different. And like I said..dh is weird about his socks, lol.

Mine are easy to match..they're all different colors, lol.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:26 PM   #34  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Our Homeowners' Association rules include a restriction on clotheslines. However, the State of Florida passed a law in 1980 that invalidates bans on solar collectors, clotheslines, or other energy devices based on renewable resources.

However in my part of Florida, the average morning humidity is 88%. Not so good for outdoor drying. We have no basements. We have tropical showers summer afternoons. Indoor drying just puts more load on the A/C - the real energy user.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:07 AM   #35  
Operator265

Webrover-I know, put a line over one of your AC vents and Freeze Dry your clothes.