General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-16-2008, 08:31 AM   #1  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

Default Summer TV Shows

I was thinking about summer television shows last night (I'm a bit sad that my favorite spring shows are all ending this week and next). I don't watch a lot of planned television shows now anyways (mostly House, ****'s Kitchen and The Office) and I definitely watch less tv in the summer, but there are still a couple of planned shows I watch during the summer months. I will definitely be watching So You Think You Can Dance which starts next week - I feel like that show compared to American Idol shows true talent - most of the people who are on it can dance their butts off, while I feel that some of the people who make it into the top 20 on American Idol really can't sing at all and are just there for looks or goofy personality. I will also be watching Last Comic Standing again - love that show.

I try to catch my reality shows whenever I can - What Not to Wear, Property Ladder, Flip This House - but that's whenever I actually have time to sit down and see what's on.

What are you going to be watching this summer? Are there any shows that you love to watch during the summer months even though we all know we should be enjoying the outdoors? (I personally prefer heing inside with my air conditioning during the summer months when it's 100 degrees and humid).
NoVaVTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 264/264/140

helloooo
do you live in america? most your shows are the same as the UK
e.g the office, hells kitchen, property ladder, what not to wear, used to have pop idol 5 years agoish and a dancing programme with stars.
I lurve the office, I prefer the english one but the american one still makes me laugh

When big brother starts in the UK you know its summer, and x-factor starts sometime during summer so that it ends a couple of weeks before christmas so they can try and get christmas no.1.

Ahhhh summer, it came last week, now its cold and raining again grrrr
lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: way to high/ 150

I am a complete Big Brother addict. I just hate that the show is such a commitment, 3 nights a week is a lot.
I find that during the summer I get to catch up on some of the tv I missed. So I guess I'm a rerun junkie.
Stardutchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:04 AM   #4  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Pretty much the only non-HGTV shows that I watch are ER and Grey's Anatomy - wait, I forgot that after this winter, I am also addicted to The Biggest Loser - and I am always miffed that there is nothing the whole summer.
Otherwise, I watch lots of shows on the HGTV Channel though lately I hardly have any time for TV. I also watch What Not To Wear.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:28 AM   #5  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Summer is Big Brother time.

I hope they have better houseguests this time around. I did not enjoy this last season.

Also I watch every baseball game I can.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:45 AM   #6  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

I don't have many 'must see' shows as it is (Friday Night Lights, Big Bang Theory, Survivor (this was a great season except that Parvati won!), House, Lost, ER and Heroes). Oh, maybe 7 is alot! I used to watch Desp. Housewives, Bros and Sis and Grey's but ever since the writers strike I just don't care about them. Taped DH a few wks back and everytime I try and watch it I fall asleep! So I just bagged them. I just started watching The Office and find it hilarious. My daughter and I are doing Alias (we're nearly done season 4) and The X-Files (in season 6). We're trying to get the Files done b/4 the new movie comes out at the end of July.

I actually like that there's nothing on TV during the summer. Oh I know they try to put shows on but I feel they are mostly crap. 'Course, I feel that way about alot of the shows that are on during the regular season! I'm miffed that they put on shows like Deal or No Deal (helloooo? no functioning brain is necessary for this stupid show) but cancel gems like Jericho. I do like HGTV and shows like Property Ladder, Flip This House, and gardening shows but don't make a specific effort to catch them, just whenever I happen to see them.

Last edited by Hat Trick; 05-16-2008 at 09:46 AM.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: way to high/ 150

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I am completely addicted to wedding shows. My new favorite is My Big Redneck Wedding on the country channel. Although that show is really meant to poke fun at the couples getting married.
Stardutchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 189/164/135

Height: 5'3"

I watch the next food network star, and The Closer.
Freem06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:03 AM   #9  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

The Closer, Saving Grace, and Burn Notice are my summertime favorites. I've been dying waiting for The Closer to come back!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:16 AM   #10  
I like to move it,move it

S/C/G: 330/275/160

Height: 5'6"

I have to say that I am looking forward to So You Think You Can Dance. I don't really care for it much until they get to the top people, then I am all into it. Other than that, not much...I wait with great anticipation for the new season of Heros and Prison Break....then I have old short standbys, Antiques Roadshow, Jeopardy and anything on HGTV.
November2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:32 AM   #11  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I'm really looking forward to So You Think You Can Dance!!! It's seriously addicting!!! I love that show so much. I also can't wait for the 2nd season of Army Wives..and this other show on USA called, In Plain Sight. As well as Monk & Psych. And of course American Gladiators, lol. Dh & I used to watch that show when we were little, lol..so we love it now.

Other than that, I'm not sure what else comes on in the summer, lol. I'm still watching ****'s Kitchen, and Farmer Wants a Wife (ya I know, I'm totally lame..but the show is so corny, lol).
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5ft7in

i tend to not watch much Tv in summer cause I like to be outside but I do like Big Brother and survivor
Pixiesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:08 PM   #13  

big brother also keeps me busy this summer. . i like the last season better. . i also watch American idol! i hope David stays. .

Last edited by iamgugma; 05-16-2008 at 10:09 PM.
iamgugma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:46 PM   #14  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Oh ya...I really wanna watch that High School Musical show on ABC. I dunno when it starts though, lol.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:38 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 264/264/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardutchess View Post
I am a complete Big Brother addict. I just hate that the show is such a commitment, 3 nights a week is a lot.
I find that during the summer I get to catch up on some of the tv I missed. So I guess I'm a rerun junkie.
Its on every night over here for an hour, except the eviction night which drags out for an hour show, then a break then the 30 mins results show I think.

I love it though
lupin is offline   Reply With Quote