General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-09-2008, 02:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Spa in Santa Fe? Anyone know of one?

Hello! My family and I are going to be visiting Santa Fe, NM over spring break. DH and kids are going skiing, but I think my skiing days are over due to arthritis.

DH suggested that I find a day spa and go for some pampering. I'd like to get a back massage, facial, manicure, etc. I don't want to spend $400-500 doing it!

My question--does anyone here live in or visit Santa Fe, who can recommend a good quality day spa? Also, any restaurant, shopping, or sight-seeing ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

-Ree

Last edited by Darkblue; 03-09-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:04 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Are you strictly going to be in Santa Fe?

I don't know of any spas but for sightseeing in NM, I highly recommend Albuquerque. The tram is awesome as well as some awesome walking once you are at the top. Also, in between ABQ and Santa Fe is tent rocks which also has an awesome hike.

I believe not TOO far (although a bit of a drive) from Santa Fe is sky city which is a pueblo and I believe it is the largest one in NM? It is pretty interesting to see if you've never been there. They have a little tour and what not.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:17 PM   #3  
No description available.

The only day spa in SF that I know of is Ten Thousand Waves.

There was a thread recently (last week?) about Santa Fe, so you might search for it. The pueblo Nelie is talking about is Acoma.

My favorite site-seeing place in New Mexico is El Morro, or Inscription Rock. It is west of Albuquerque toward Zuni. Lots of people have inscribed the rock over the years, from Ancient Ones with Petroglyphs, to Spanish explorers (like Onate who actually carved his name over a petroglyph {jerk!}), to Civil War soldiers. It is very cool.

If you want serious skiing and inexpensive spa/pampering, I would go to Pagosa Springs instead.

Last edited by midwife; 03-09-2008 at 03:17 PM.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 04:58 PM   #4  
Meg

I can't help with a spa in Santa Fe, but if you're willing to travel an hour south to Albuquerque, I highly recommend La Bella Spa, with two Albuquerque locations. My DD got married in Albuquerque last November and we took the whole wedding party there for hair, nails, makeup, body treatments etc. Everyone loved it! The location that we went to is in Albuquerque Uptown, which has tons of great stores, so you could have a spa/shopping day.

Have fun, Ree!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:58 PM   #5  
Out of town

S/C/G: 138/115/113

Height: 5'5"

Ten Thousand Waves. Definitely. It's on the way to the ski area in Santa Fe, so your family can just drop you off.

PM if you'd like any additional info on the area (I'm a native who sadly no longer lives in NM)! Unfortunately, most New Mexican restaurants are but delicious!

Last edited by skinnyminnynow; 03-09-2008 at 10:01 PM.
skinnyminnynow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I really like both Albuquerque and Pagosa, but we were there last fall and last summer. We'll only be in Santa Fe and environs this time.

Thanks!
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:18 AM   #7  
Shrewkate the Study Geek

S/C/G: 227 / 217 / 200 (TEN!! WHEE!!)

Height: 5'6"

In 2003, I had the chance to stay at La Posada, a resort and spa in Santa Fe proper, just up from the town square. Its spa was fabulous, which of course, means it's OTT in price -- but worth every penny

Google terms: (I'm too new to link ) La Posada Rock Resorts Santa Fe.

Have fun!! Santa Fe was wonderful!
shrewkate is offline   Reply With Quote