Did anybody watch "Clash of the Choirs" last night?

• I got home kind of late and only caught the last half-hour (featuring Patti LaBelle putting together her ensemble, and then their performance). I liked their singing, but afterward when they showed the clips of all 5 choirs' performances, I thought they all sounded pretty much the same: LaBelle's group's sound was full-strength gospel, they were singing "He's Got the Whole World In His Hands", but the other four groups (the only other star-name I recognize, and that purely from gossip columns, I am not at all familiar with his performing, is Nick Lachey) sounded like the same just watered-down (or should I say whitewashed ?).

Ok, I guess I've heard of Michael Bolton too. I'm just not that much of a pop music buff (I prefer classical and Broadway).

Would it have been too much to hope that one of the celeb choirmasters would have thought to put together a barbershop chorus?

And this being network TV, they wouldn't dream of getting Renee Fleming to assemble a more classical-sounding choir, would they?
  • I watched the first half and was hoping for more of a holiday feel with carol type of music. So I was a little bummed out with the music. Other than that I agree with you that the groups all sounded very similar. I am not sure how anyone would vote on a fovorite other than voting for the favorite leader.
    Maybe it will get better as the week progresses.
    I guess I would rather have something like this on than be watching all of the reruns that have been on.
    Can't wait for the seaon finally of Biggest Loser tonight. I will be sad to see it be finished. I love to hear thier stories and see their progress.