3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Gotta love Ellen Degeneres (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/128502-gotta-love-ellen-degeneres.html)

alinnell 12-08-2007 12:27 AM

Gotta love Ellen Degeneres

I don't know who caught the Ellen Degeneres show today, December 7th, but she stuck up for Jennifer Love Hewitt who has been called "fat" by the papparazzi and tabloids because she showed a little skin in her bikini in Hawaii. Gawd, she's a size 2!!! Thank you Ellen for sticking up for her and letting us all know that the photos of the stars are airbrushed to the point you'd never recognize the person. I wish there were a link to the transcripts of her show so I could say what Ellen said......something to the effect of 'we all have wrinkles, we all have tummies that stick out when we sit down' and then she pointed to her thigh and said that EVERYONE has 'this' that sticks out--don't think that stars don't!!! Thank you Ellen!

Martinique 12-08-2007 12:47 AM

What I find really hilarious is that while these so-called magazines are all too willing to point out the flaws in celebrities' bodies, the people who actually write the articles can probably only dream of fitting into a size 2.

Way to go, Ellen; and to heck with the tabloid media and their impossible standards. :mad:

Cassie501107 12-08-2007 12:56 AM

Amen! I couldn't believe that they had the nerve to call Jennifer Love-Hewitt fat..WOW! I was reading comments that people were leaving about her bikini pics... and you guys, almost everyone who posted called her fat! I was in shock! The girl is tiny!

Ugh, I get so disgusted.

Leenie 12-08-2007 07:07 AM

I wonder how many young girls read that article (and boys) and are taking that to heart. I mean if a 2 is fat...wholey crap batman.... a size 6 must be whale-normous.

What a sad sad world we live in.

YEAH ELLEN !!!!!!!

aphil 12-08-2007 10:00 AM

There is a particular website actually, that is completely devoted to picking apart celebrity bodies. They have sections such as "baby bump watch" where they decide if someone is pregnant and not telling the world yet..."anorexics" where they chat about recent photos, and if it looks like the Olson twins have lost or gained 2 pounds this month...it even has "celebrity cellulite" where they blow up pics of celebs in shorts or a bathing suit, and magnify any ripple they see. :mad:

They did this with Hewitt, and I think it is disgusting.

Honestly, ANY magazine ad or cover is airbrushed, and photoshopped...so if a person is at the grocery store, of course they are not going to look like they did 3 weeks ago on the cover of Vogue. I just don't think it is fair for magazines to promote health, natural beauty, and so on...and then turn around and call someone fat for being human.

Some people will have cellulite, stretch marks, gray hairs, wrinkles, or whatever-no matter WHAT they weigh.

EZMONEY 12-08-2007 10:03 AM

I am not really an Ellen fan...BUT...I am of JENNIFER :love: LOVE :love: HEWITT!

If anyone says something bad about her it makes me :mad: mad! Let me at'em...:frypan:.....let me at'em....:boxing:....I will just kick their butts...:kickbutt:

Lafayette 12-08-2007 10:36 AM

Jennifer Love Hewitt actually responded herself on her website and is getting a lot of recognition for being the first celebrity targeted by this garbage to tell the media where to go.

I really liked her comment that, when she should have been celebrating the fact that she had just gotten engaged to the love of her life, she has to worry about how she looks in a bathing suit and take hits from the commentators. How true for all of us...

freiamaya 12-08-2007 11:45 AM

I LOVE Ms Ellen. And as for the stars -- the more that own up to their reality the better! Instead of trying to portray perfection, Ms Hewitt seems to be saying "stuff it! I am who I am!", and I really appreciate it. If MORE stars do this, the perceived "ideal" body image will definitely change for the better!
Maya
:)

Ready4aChange 12-08-2007 01:17 PM

I saw the pics of Hewitt and she actually looks really good in a bikini so I don't get it to begin with, but regardless of that, I'm glad she spoke out -- it seems like you can't win either way... either you're anorexic or chunky or some other thing and it's great that she's encouraging women to embrace who they are!

Rhighlan86 12-08-2007 11:03 PM

I loved her JLH's response to it and honestly I saw the pictures of her on the cover of people and I thought she looked cute. People need to back off