General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-05-2007, 02:48 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default Planning a company luncheon w/vegetarians

Well, it looks like I have to plan another luncheon. I did this years ago when we were a larger company. However, it has been years.

Here is what I've got so far for 40 - 60 people.

Tons of different salads with dressings in containers. I have a variety of dressings ranging from full fat blue and Italian to low/no fat. There will be some mixed fruit for dessert or salad if they want. The dressings will be bottled and put into a container. Some of the people are keeping logs, so I want to be able to provide the numbers or at least the brand for them.

Breads ranging from sourdough to multigrain. There will be rolls as well as sliced. Again, I'm buying it so I can have the numbers available.

A meat platter with ham, turkey, roast beast and many different types of cheese.

Condiments include full fat mayo as well as low fat may, several different types of mustard, relishes and oil and vinegar. This is incase someone wants to make a sandwich. Buying these as well.

There will be pizza as well. Combo, pepperoni and several veggie pizzas. Some of the pizzas will not have cheese, especially the veggie ones. I'm getting these from Amici's. Not only do they taste good, but I can get the numbers for them.

Fruit in various forms. I will slice the oranges but leave apples and bananas whole. I don't want them to turn colors and some of us don't like them dipped in lemon juice. Grapes of all colors, but seedless.

Desserts - chocolate of course. But there will be some ice cream and some frozen fruit sorbets for the vegetarians and lacto intolerant people. Fruit can serve as dessert as well. Cookies and some various cakes that I will buy so I have the numbers.

There will be coffee, hot and iced tea, diet and regular soda and bottled water.

Have I missed anything?
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:02 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Veggies?

Veggies for the sandwiches (lettuce, tomato, onions, cucumbers, banana peppers, etc)

Snacking veggies(carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, etc)

Those would be things I'd add.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:51 PM   #3  
I wanna be a loser, too

I actually included those in the salads. They will be off to the side to be added to salads or sandwiches. I should have stated that.

There were be some dips for the veggies in case someone wants. I'll have the numbers on those as well.

Thanks.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I agree, veggies, with or without a dip. Chips??? It could be dangerous though.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:52 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Other than what nelie suggested that sounds like an amazingly diverse selection. It's nice that you've thought about having a full range of choices so those looking to watch what they eat will be able to pick something, and those who aren't won't be "forced" to. ^^
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:08 PM   #6  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Sounds great. I would make sure that the cheese is separated from the meat and that there is a separate fork for it. Some of us are very picky about stuff like that

Your veggie employees are lucky to have you planning it. I usually end up very hungry after workplace luncheons (of course it helps me stay OP - LOL)
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:36 PM   #7  
I wanna be a loser, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingDown View Post
Sounds great. I would make sure that the cheese is separated from the meat and that there is a separate fork for it. Some of us are very picky about stuff like that

Your veggie employees are lucky to have you planning it. I usually end up very hungry after workplace luncheons (of course it helps me stay OP - LOL)

Actually, the meat and cheese will be on separate serving dishes. There will be several forks and/or tongs for each.

There will be several knives, spoons etc. for the condiments

Last edited by cbmare; 12-05-2007 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:41 PM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

Geez... you thought of everything!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:44 PM   #9  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Looks good to me! Good luck!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

I wish other people were as considerate as you are! It sounds like a great luncheon.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote