General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-28-2007, 02:05 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default Direct Buy

Anyone have experience with them? We're going for the free visitor's pass this weekend and check them out. We want to replace that awful Bosch range.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:21 PM   #2  
it's always something

I've read HORRIBLE things about them. It's supposed to be a big scam. They even set up your visitation when it's planted with actors that pretend to be satisfied customers.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:36 PM   #3  
I wanna be a loser, too

WOW! I haven't done a net search for complaints, but now I think I'll do just that.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:39 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

With the fee they charge to join (5,600 in most markets, but it varies), and the average amount they save you, ranges of the "break even" point (ie, where you'd make up your membership fee in product savings) is between $18,000 and $35,000. This doesn't include the additional shipping fees that they charge. If you aren't going to spend that much on products in the next 24 months, it won't be cost effective for you.

If you go in for a consultation, they tell you that you have to sign up that day or you can never ever come back. How's THAT for high pressure tactics!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:37 PM   #5  
I wanna be a loser, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
If you go in for a consultation, they tell you that you have to sign up that day or you can never ever come back. How's THAT for high pressure tactics!
Well, well, well. We aren't going to the consultation. I did a search and found out enough that it isn't worth it. If they tell you that you have to sign up "today" or miss out, then they may be in violation of Calif law. I hope those that did and then had trouble cancelling will get the attorney general involved.

The idea! Banning someone! What kind of crack pot marketing is that?