Favorite Christmas Music?

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • We love all types of Christmas music in our house and have a large collection. We start playing it the day after Thanksgiving.

Yesterday we bought a new CD from Mannheim Steamroller, I think we have all their Christmas CD's along with all the Trans Siberian Orchestra Christmas CD's.

Mannheim Steamroller and Trans Siberian Orchestra are two of our favorites ~

What's yours?
  • I LOVE Christmas music!! We decorated at work and my coworkers wanted me to play some of it--I covered 9 1/2 hours......and didn't play everything..

I have to say one of my faves is Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt--it makes me giggle....I have a compilation of several female Christian recording artists and I have to say its my fave...
  • I'm one of the last Mohican's who likes separate holidays, so I don't start until Dec. 1. with the X-mas stuff, but I do love the music (which gets the same start date...)

But, I love:
    *Charlie Brown's Christmas CD from Vince Guaraldi
    *The Muppets with John Denver
    *Christmas with the Rat Pack
    *Big Band Christmas
    *Bing Crosby
    *A Jazz Christmas
    *Harry Connick, Jr.
    *Sarah McLachlan Winterland
    *Oscar Peterson
    *And a little bit of Elvis!

I want to get Ella Fitzgerald's Christmas and some sort of swinging Christmas Cd's. There's something about Christmas CD's and wrapping gift and making goodies...
  • Of course I love Christmas music, I sometimes listen to it all year . One of my favorite CD's is David Foster's: The Christmas Album. It features so many great singers and performers of all different genres, if you've never heard it, go to Amazon and check it out. You'll want one! I have it on repeat when I'm working and sometimes it runs through 3 times before I notice.

I like Kenny G's Miracle's The Holiday album or David Lanz Christmas Eve. I like instrumentals alot, since the season can be hectic and overwhelming, I like to just chill and sit back and enjoy the music.
  • Always and forever, my favorite is Carpenter's Old Fashioned Christmas.
  • Quote: I'm one of the last Mohican's who likes separate holidays, so I don't start until Dec. 1. with the X-mas stuff, but I do love the music (which gets the same start date...)

AYMSTER! That's Bah Humbug Day!!!! My dad always insisted that Christmas couldn't start until it was actually December, so our family holiday is Bah Humbug Day. The Christmas china comes out, the music comes on, we start decorating, everyone exchanges small "Christmas decoration" gifts...and dad can walk around and say "BAH HUMBUG!" the whole day. How happy you've made me, to know that someone else does this!
  • Quote: AYMSTER! That's Bah Humbug Day!!!! My dad always insisted that Christmas couldn't start until it was actually December, so our family holiday is Bah Humbug Day. The Christmas china comes out, the music comes on, we start decorating, everyone exchanges small "Christmas decoration" gifts...and dad can walk around and say "BAH HUMBUG!" the whole day. How happy you've made me, to know that someone else does this!
    Bah, Humbug Day--love it!! I'll think of you and your family Dec. 1! I also set up the Dept. 56 "North Pole Series" at work. The customers love it!

I love this post cuz I'm always in search of new music. I love to step outside the box and try something new. Anyone know of some good international music? I'll def. check out David Foster, melekalikimaka!
  • Remembering the reason for the season, my favorites are Christmas Carols.but I also enjoy White Christmas and theTwelve Days of Christmas is a lot of fun if you can get a group together and act out the days.
  • I absolutely love Trans Siberian Orchestra! Carol of the Bells is my favorite by them, it's so powerful
  • The Therapy Sisters' "Codependent Christmas"
  • Despite the fact that I am a Christmas rebel, I love the song A-Soulin' by Peter Paul and Mary, and for the last 36 years I have been trying to get somebody to play it with me. So far no takers. (The song needs two guitars - I need somebody to do the high tinkly part.)
  • I most of the standard Christmas Carols . . . my particular favourite is "O Holy Night".
  • Another Mannheim Steamroller and Trans Siberian Orchestra fan here. We were lucky enough to see Mannheim Steamroller live a few years ago. What a wonderful concert!
    I also enjoy Christmas brass and classical Christmas CDs. I'm definitely drawn to instrumental music this time of year.
    But I love to sing Christmas carols. We have caroling at church and it really helps me get into Advent and the Christmas season. It helps me remember to slow down and not get caught up in all of the holiday hype as well.
  • Quote: I most of the standard Christmas Carols . . . my particular favourite is "O Holy Night".
    Mine too
  • I love Charlie Brown/Vince Guaraldi Christmas cd- so good!

AND I can't believe no one has mentioned it yet- Mariah Carey, All i Want for Christmas is You