Thought some of you might be interested in the following article.
Do you have any other ideas for gifts that promote active lifestyles?
Give Active Gifts This Christmas
The importance of physical education for all ages shouldn’t be underestimated. This Christmas encourage a range of activities that call for different skills, like catching, throwing, balance and coordination.
Be a good role model. If an active lifestyle is part of your life, you’re much more likely to pass similar good habits to your children, family and friends.
Gifts for Adults
- Travel guides – travel involves physical movement like walking, hiking and, carrying luggage. If you know an adult and there is a destination they want to travel to then encourage them to go. You may not be able to pay for their trip but you can surprise them with a book.
- Bowling Membership
- Self Defense Classes
- Yoga Lessons
- SCUBA Diving Experiences
- Gym Memberships
- Yard games
- like bocce ball, horse shoes
Playing games and kicking a ball around isn’t just for children. Encourage everyone to get out and play. These are the gifts that keep on giving: they will give everyone endless hours of fun, help keep them active and fit and develop important coordination and movement skills.
Imagine giving a kite to a grandparent, aunt, uncle, brother or sister and then helping him/her to fly it.
Gifts for All Ages
- sports tickets
- yard games
- archery equipment
- volleyball, soccer, baseball, basketball, - gloves, shoes, practice balls, bats
- tennis, table tennis and badminton, - racquets, balls, nets
- balls (basketballs, footballs, netballs, soccer balls)
- beach gear (e.g. boogie boards)
- hula hoops
- skipping ropes
- sporting goods (cricket sets)