General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-21-2007, 11:53 AM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default I hate Bosch!

We made the big mistake of buying a Bosch stove when we did our remodel. I have the day off today but have to drive back to the city where I work to pick up a knob for the blasted thing. It's constantly giving us grief.

I got home from work last night and found that our Bosch tankless water heater is giving us no hot water. It has an error message that is only serviceable by a trained technician. Unfortunately, the guy who was their authorized person in this area moved. Now I'm frantically searching for someone from their website. Seems the closest one is in Santa Cruz which is 30 miles away! They aren't answering their phone.

I'm so glad we didn't burden ourselves with a Bosch dishwasher.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:58 AM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

WE have the bosch front loading washer and dryer and so far, so good. Going on two years and still going strong. *knock on wood*

SOrry you guys are having so many problems.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:18 PM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

It is SO aggrevating when service doesn't match the quality of the brand! I've heard similar stories about other brands, and it is enough to make your head pop off your shoulders!
Good luck with the situation...
Maya
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:25 PM   #4  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Sorry your appliances are giving you this much grief. My DH is a plumbing contractor and does a lot of kitchen remodels. He does install a lot of Bosch laundry systems but normally doesn't recommend the kitchen appliances or ANY tankless water heaters no matter what brand. Hope you get what you need and fast.

I have to admit that my dyslexia is acting up this morning...when I initially looked at your thread title I thought, what's not to like about Borscht?

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 11-21-2007 at 12:27 PM.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:34 PM   #5  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

MMMMmmm BORScht.....
And perogies...
And cabbage rolls.....
Gotta go for a walk!
Maya
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:56 PM   #6  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I'd go for a walk, too but I'd sweat and not be able to take a hot shower.

I'm never getting another Bosch appliance. I've never tried borscht. I should.

Why doesn't he recommend tankless water heaters? Renei (sp) is the other brand and they apparently have good technical support, at least according to the guy I finally found. He's coming late today. We may be without hot water until next week. I guess we boil water on the stove and take bird baths till then. At least there is a shower at work and I can take a hot shower there. NEXT WEEK!
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:41 PM   #7  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

DH was thinking about a tankless water heater and then did some research on them, changed his mind. He is the one who wanted the Bosch washer and dryer...I don't mind them but I just don't like the front loading washers period...no matter the brand. I stick to GE/Hotpoint appliances in the kitchen...have served me well over many years.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote