General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-21-2007, 09:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Question Incredibly, ridiculous dream

Ok, I made the appt to see a doctor to get the referral for a sleep study, had the appt yesterday and got the paperwork in today.
Now since making the appt I have had the same dream over and over again! In the dream I am having the sleep study done and at the end they tell me that there is nothing wrong with me, my sleep was just fine and that it's ALL IN MY HEAD, their exact words!
I know this is anxiety about the test itself, it's making me worried. I know some nights are better then others when it comes to my sleep, and now I am frantic that I'll have a good night while I am there and they'll tell me it's not that bad and I'll just have to deal with it.
Anyone else have this anxiety?
drake3272004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:23 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

There is a VERY small likelihood that people who do sleep studies are going to tell you that the problem is all in your head. They are trained people who know how to look for sleep problems, and I'm sure they've had plenty of people come in who are having "good nights" the night they come in but can describe other difficulties.

Rest easy and put yourself in expert hands. Even if the findings are inconclusive, they'll give you somewhere to go next.

Besides - sleep problems can almost never be "all in your head" - stress might be causing them, etc, but they are still very real....you can't sleep regardless of the cause.

to you. Try to keep calm about it, and remember that these people are here to help you get the kind of sleep you need.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote