General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-21-2007, 09:43 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Sounds like there is a tie for the three most dreaded words in the English language: "Hand Wash Only" and "Dry Clean Only!"

If I took a job where I didn't have to wear suits, it would be equal to a $200-300/month raise. My dry cleaner sends me a birthday card! For overcoats and other items that collect dust and pet hair, I use Dry Cleaners Secret. You don't need a bag like you do with Dryel so the fuzz goes to your dryer filter instead of clinging to your clothes.

I dry almost everything, even underwire bras. I'm a bad angel!
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:16 PM   #17  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Anything that says handwash or other gets washed in cold dried until ALMOST dry and then hung. Except for bras and workout wear..I treat those with respect!

I dont buy dry clean only If I am given used DCO stuff unless it is tailored I wash it in the delicate cycle and hang dry...if it dies...it was not meant to be with me.

I went 5 years without even OWNING an iron (dh had borrowed it to wax skis) I think I have ironed once in the last 4 years?

Last edited by ennay; 11-21-2007 at 02:17 PM.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:16 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

I unfortunately have a few dry-clean only blouses for work, and they're the sort that I don't think would do well in the washer or dryer. I think they might hand-wash okay, but I'm lazy and would rather just dry-clean. Luckily I don't have to dress up for work much, since we're in a satellite office and never see customers, so it's maybe once a month worse case.

Normally I live in jeans and knit tops. And now you can hear the height of my laziness! I tend to wash the tops last, and then just keep them in the dryer instead of putting them away. Then in the morning, my routine is: shower, turn on the dryer on low heat, brush teeth and stuff, grab something out of the dryer. Knit tops will tumble-dry unwrinkled, and jeans never wrinkle.

Two years ago when I moved, I went through some of my closets to look for unused or seldom used stuff to donate to charity, instead of moving to a new closet. I had an ironing board, more than five years old, that was still in the plastic wrapping it came in. Never opened! And an iron that had never been removed from its box and plugged in for over five years. I donated those items, unused, to charity.
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:37 AM   #19  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I used to not buy anything that was dry clean, line dry, dry flat, or hand wash. Avoided em like the plague. Now, I have bought some VS undergarmets that are hand wash, and yet...I toss them in on gentle and just lay them flat to dry. I don't mind the lay flat stuff now. Still won't line dry, will just lay flat anything that can't take a dryer. And I have just a couple dry clean only items now, but I have a Dryell kit to use. I'm not paying someone to clean em for me.

I'm not so sure it's just taking risks or being a rebel so much as...I just don't like doing laundry. LOL
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:00 PM   #20  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostheaven View Post
I used to not buy anything that was dry clean, line dry, dry flat, or hand wash. Avoided em like the plague. Now, I have bought some VS undergarmets that are hand wash, and yet...I toss them in on gentle and just lay them flat to dry. I don't mind the lay flat stuff now. Still won't line dry, will just lay flat anything that can't take a dryer. And I have just a couple dry clean only items now, but I have a Dryell kit to use. I'm not paying someone to clean em for me.

I'm not so sure it's just taking risks or being a rebel so much as...I just don't like doing laundry. LOL
I am the opposite...I dont mind hang dry, but I have no room for flat dry. I have several flat dry sweaters...those are the ones I usually dry in the dryer until damp, then either hang or drape somewhere.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 07:06 PM   #21  
Blonde Bimbo

I lay mine on top of the washer and dryer to dry. I only have a few like that, and a couple that I have to twist and let dry.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:18 PM   #22  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Yeah, I don't buy dry clean only stuff either. I *do* actually handwash if it says to, guess I'm not much of a rebel. I don't mind the line drying. It's the sweaters that have to lay flat to dry that are a pain in the rear. My cats love to lay on damp sweaters. And if they do, then I have to wash them all over again to get the cat hair off! So I have to find some place to put them where the cats can't go. Somehow that's more difficult than it sounds. With the house empty all day, the cats go all over the place....
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:06 PM   #23  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Ironing? what's that??

I usually just toss something into the dryer for a few minutes before I put it on and it's perfectly fine ha.
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 09:17 PM   #24  
Blonde Bimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaralynn View Post
Ironing? what's that??
That's when you put it on a hanger, mist it with a spray bottle of water and let it air dry a bit.