Buckley's cough products

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I'm starting to hear ads for this stuff. Do you use it? Does it taste as bad as the ads state? Does it work better than anything else you've used?

Where can I find it?
  • Yes it tastes as bad as you've heard I am not sure how it works as I have never been able to swallow it
  • No, it doesn't taste as bad as they say....

IT'S MUCH, MUCH WORSE!!

But...your sore throat will be so offended that you dared to pour this vile substance down it that it will behave and you will not cough again for quite some time. In short, if you can stomach it, IT WORKS!! It tastes like pine sol smells. I suggest plugging your nose while drinking it...it seems to make your taste buds not so receptive to the taste.
  • Quote: No, it doesn't taste as bad as they say....

IT'S MUCH, MUCH WORSE!!

But...your sore throat will be so offended that you dared to pour this vile substance down it that it will behave and you will not cough again for quite some time. In short, if you can stomach it, IT WORKS!! It tastes like pine sol smells. I suggest plugging your nose while drinking it...it seems to make your taste buds not so receptive to the taste.

If it makes your taste buds not so receptive, then perhaps it might be a great diet aid!

I'm listening to a commercial for it right now.

I think I'll try and get some for boobalah. He has the creeping crud and can't seem to shake it.
  • YES . . . on both counts. If you can get it down, it definitely works.
  • I swear by it. My kids tend to over do the coughing so they can have some sweet yummy cough medicine.

It's strange how Buckleys mysteriously stops their coughing.... MWAHAHAHA
  • Saw the commercials too, but havent tried any yet, I do knowFisherman's Friend cough drops taste TERRIBLE, but work if you can keep them in your mouth....
  • Quote:
    boobalah
    I never heard anyone say that except where I live..lol Toooooo funny! No offense, you must be german/norweigan??? I am surrounded by german from russia and norweigans and they use that term all the time..my mother in law loves it so does DH
  • I never heard the term "boobalah" until you, cbmare. Ever. But I think it's REALLLLLY freakin' CUTE!

I've never tried Buckley's, but I haven't had a cold in a long time, either. *Knocks on wood - I'm a MISERABLE patient!*
  • It tastes disgusting - worse than you would expect. If you can get it past the gag reflex, though, it works wonders.

*shudders at the thought and hopes not to get sick this winter*
  • it's all true. But I get upper resp. infections pretty often and buckley's doesnt stop my cough then (I've taken it several times, suffered through and had it NOT WORK!!!). It makes a cough from a common cold and stuff go away though I think all drugstores in Canada have it. My parents used to always have the stuff when I was a kid.
  • I like HALLS and FISHERMEN'S FRIENDS COUGH DROPS better (both of which come in sugar free and taste great). They are both strong, but they work very well. We also like NEO CITRON (a drink that helps all flu and cold symptoms): our little secret to get thru the flu season. Yes, I have tried Buckleys; hated it, and thru out the bottle ...
  • CBMARE - Yea I heard the commercials here too. I wonder where we can find some here in the bay area lol. But the commercial was quite interesting
  • My husband brought some over here from Canada and I could NOT believe that it was as bad as he had warned me. Well, as someone has already said, it was WORSE! It is actually impossible to explain how bad it is. But I would turn to it in a minute if I had a persistent cough. It is the ONLY thing that seems to work for me.

We actually have a lot of trouble getting it over here and had hubby's dad bring a big bottle over with him when he came to visit. I don't know what I'll do when that runs out (or expires, as I haven't had a tickly cough for a long time... touch wood). We may just have to take a trip to Canada to pick some more up. It is definitely worth it!

Zelma
  • He tried it. He agreed that it was probably the worst tasting stuff he'd ever had. However, he did acknowledge that he could feel it in his throat and it was relieving. Unfortunately, he had more than a cold. Poor boobalah has a lung infection. He had to go to the dr and get a couple of scripts.

I am trying to avoid a cold that wants me. If I start coughing, I'll try it.

Thanks again for the input.