What are you reading? Xmas edition

• I may be jumping the gun a bit since Thanksgiving isn't until next week, but do you read any Christmas-themed (or any other holiday you happen to celebrate) books during the holiday season? Some favorites in recent years are:
    Fiction:
    Mary and Carol Higgins Clark's stuff, The Christmas Thief, Santa Cruise, He Sees You When You're Sleeping, this year Deck the Halls

Slay Ride, the author's name is Gravenstein or something

Hush, It's a Game by Patricia Carlon: sort of a cross between Home Alone (minus the comedy) and Rear Window, about a little girl left with a babysitter when her single father goes out of town a couple of days before Xmas, but the babysitter has a criminal past and is murdered by her ex-boyfriend while the child is locked in the kitchen: with nobody having any reason to know she's there or why, the little girl tries to extricate herself but her efforts catch the attention of the killer

Next book on my schedule, On Strike for Christmas by Sheila Roberts, about housewives who get tired of all the work that goes into preparing and are like, you want all the trimmings, you do them yourself

Nonfiction:
    Plenty, but the one I got this year is Under the Tree, about the toys that were popular from the 1930s through the 60s (the latter my childhood)
  • I just finished reading Laura Lippman's What the Dead Know and I really enjoyed it. I just started Holy Cow: An Indian Adventure. After spending 4 weeks in Delhi for work, it brings back a lot of memories!! India = fascinating.

Nothing really Christmas-themed, I'm afraid.
  • A Redbird Christmas by Fannie Flagg (author of Fried Green Tomatos). A nice, short read and a really lovely story about an old man and a little girl who happen to find "home" in the same southern town. And it is Christmas themed One of my favorites by my favorite author.
  • Yeah, I've got Visions of Sugar Plums too, I should read that, it sounds like fun