3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Forever In Blue Jeans (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/126839-forever-blue-jeans.html)

EZMONEY 11-10-2007 08:51 AM

Forever In Blue Jeans

OK, so some guy ;) keeps bringing up the great NEIL DIAMOND around here.

I think we all can agree that NEIL is the greatest singer of all time! :yes:

What I wanna know is WHO is the 2nd greatest singer of all time?

nelie 11-10-2007 09:17 AM

Nina Simone?
Elton John?
Freddie Mercury?
John Lennon?
Prince?

I may have more, I'll be back...

StillTryin 11-10-2007 09:22 AM

I have to side on the country side and say George Strait (and he is yummy)

Slashnl 11-10-2007 11:01 AM

Meatloaf.
I know, I have strange tastes in music, but if you listen to some of his songs (get past "Paradise by the Dashboard Light") and the passion he has with his music, you might agree.

Other favorites (other than my hard rock obsession): Billy Joel, Jim Croce, Garth Brooks, Toby Keith...

melekalikimaka 11-10-2007 11:06 AM

Everyone knows that Celine Dion is "the best singer in the world!!!" (anyone see that Saturday Night Live skit? Hilarious!) Seriously though, I like Celine, but in small doses.

My nominees are listed in no particular order, but separated by genre:

Andrea Bocelli
Luciano Pavarotti
Josh Groban

Jeffrey Osbourne
Luther Vandross

Ronnie James Dio
Jeff Scott Soto
Robert Plant
Bruce Dickinson
Joe Lynn Turner

Frank Sinatra

Christina Aguilera

I have many more, but those are a few that come immediately to mind. You meant real singing right? ;)

almostheaven 11-10-2007 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slashnl (Post 1925220)
Meatloaf.
I know, I have strange tastes in music, but if you listen to some of his songs (get past "Paradise by the Dashboard Light") and the passion he has with his music, you might agree.

Other favorites (other than my hard rock obsession): Billy Joel, Jim Croce, Garth Brooks, Toby Keith...

Oooh, another one on my iPod. I love Paradise by the Dashboard Lights. Didn't used to, until hubby had me really listen to it. A couple others of his I keep on my iPod are Anything for Love and Two Out of Three Ain't Bad.

techwife 11-10-2007 06:35 PM

Barry Manilow #1....Neil #2. Sorry Gary. Did you see Saving Silverman?

Pita09 11-10-2007 10:16 PM

The Bee Gees :D

Karen31 11-10-2007 11:14 PM

OK--- we can put in Bobby Vinton, Ricky Nelson, Vince Gill, Tanya Tucker, Patsy Cline and Oh Yeah! I Love Garth Brooks too! Just received my 3 CD set (2 CD's and a DVD) that I ordered off the Susan G. Komen for the cure site! Love it!

EZMONEY 11-11-2007 12:11 AM

Of course Neil is always #1...but YOU do bring up some good choices for 2nd place!!

flabtofab 11-11-2007 04:38 AM

i have to say Garth Brooks.. i just read an article online that said he sold more albums than anyone in history except the beatles... but he is the top single artist in sales.. he just came out with Garth Brooks Ultimate hits about 4 days ago.. is where i read about it.. check him out.. he is awesome:)

drake3272004 11-11-2007 01:44 PM

Martina McBride!

goinforthegold 11-11-2007 01:53 PM

I second Martina McBribe, she's awesome! I also think Celine Dion has a jaw droppingly beautiful voice. Though I'm not really a huge fan of hers I've been moved to tears by the power in her voice before, it's really something to admire.

Also, LOVE Bob Seger and Jon Bon Jovi (ok, well he's just sooooo sexy I'm not even really sure I can think of what his voice sounds like, I'm usually too busy drooling).

melekalikimaka 11-11-2007 06:17 PM

How about Babs? ya know, Barbara Streisand?

techwife 11-11-2007 06:47 PM

Barry Frikken Manilow!!