General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-15-2007, 12:58 PM   #91  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

YES! PLEASE add Critical Mass to that.

A woman's car got literally encircled and when her van hit one of the bikes surrounding her, they threatened to sue her for assault with a deadly weapon.

It is so pointless and ultimately allows the riders to make themselves feel superior to everyone else. And it does nothing but make people mad.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:02 PM   #92  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Gotta add another one. If I'd been out of my car, my militant mouth would have taken control of me.

People who find it funny to drive slowly behind an elder person in a parking lot then lay down on the horn to scare them. The person was not in the middle of the lane. They were walking from the handicapped space towards the door. They were off to the side. I was on the verge of following them and yelling at them. My common sense took over. There were several of them. They could have had a gun or something.

If any of the old people collapse and someone gets the tag number, I hope they'll call the police. I personally feel that if that old person had a heart attack and died, then the jerks laying down on the horn should be charged with attempted murder or manslaughter.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:04 PM   #93  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I'm on a roll today.

How about people who don't bother to look? They just open their driver's door. How many of us have had to swerve to avoid taking that door off? It really infuriates me when they are standing on the outside of the car and don't bother to look for oncoming traffic.

Last edited by cbmare; 11-15-2007 at 01:05 PM.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:08 PM   #94  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I live in a neighborhood where the houses are very close together, although we have decent sized front and back yards. There are lots of teenagers in the neighborhood, and what I hate is that they walk in the middle of the road. Oh and then they see my car coming and they keep walking in the middle of the road and I have to drive on the wrong side of the road to get around them.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:09 PM   #95  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Oh I got another one. The people who "inch out" into traffic trying to take a left hand turn, effectively blocking one whole side of the road of traffic so that someone will feel bad and let them take the turn. Guess what - I don't feel bad and I don't let them go!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:18 PM   #96  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

ohhhh I so have one....didnt even think about it until bikes were mentioned....especially since where I live now it isnt an issue.

When I lived in California and the roads/highways were extremely busy all the time I always hated when motorcycles pull through the cars who are waiting to go. I mean come on. We are all in grid-lock here and just because they are smaller, they weave between cars/trucks/buses and get to the front of the redlight or whatever so they can go. IMO that should be ILLEGAL!!!

I dont know how many times I got the crap scared out of me when all of a sudden there was a motorcycle next to me!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:23 PM   #97  
Moderating Mama

Quote:
When I lived in California and the roads/highways were extremely busy all the time I always hated when motorcycles pull through the cars who are waiting to go. I mean come on. We are all in grid-lock here and just because they are smaller, they weave between cars/trucks/buses and get to the front of the redlight or whatever so they can go. IMO that should be ILLEGAL!!!
StillTryin - this is legal and legal for a reason. Cars have cooling systems that work regardless of whether or not the car is moving - that is why you have coolant in your engine. Motorcycle engines are air-cooled...they overheat if they don't keep moving. The reason "splitting lanes" is legal in CA is because, if it weren't, motorcycles would constantly overheat in traffic. So be kind to the bikers splitting lanes! They aren't doing it to cut ahead, they are doing it to keep their engines running!

This doesn't apply to stopping at LIGHTS, though - there is no reason for that, your engine isn't going to overheat in the time it takes you to sit at a stoplight. But in freeway traffic, it is legal for a reason.

Last edited by mandalinn82; 11-15-2007 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:24 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTryin View Post
ohhhh I so have one....didnt even think about it until bikes were mentioned....especially since where I live now it isnt an issue.

I dont know how many times I got the crap scared out of me when all of a sudden there was a motorcycle next to me!
I have this problem almost daily. This bloke who works in the same building as I do owns a motorbike and thinks he can weave in and out of traffic as he pleases because he's going to be late for work. He nearly ran into us once as we were turning right (like turning left in the states) on a two lane road, we nearly came to a standstill in an intersection because he decided his brakes were faulty.

Then he did it again on one of the most narrow roads in all of the WORLD, went straight between a lorry and a car going the opposite way. I have his bike plate written down, and I've also..done some pretty...uncouth things to it.

IE, a bird shat on my newspaper, so I wiped it on the guy's bike seat...

that's what you get for being a tosser and leaving your bike uncovered

Last edited by Casandra; 11-15-2007 at 01:25 PM.
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:41 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casandra
IE, a bird shat on my newspaper, so I wiped it on the guy's bike seat...
!!!

I hope a bird poops in his face while he is riding his bike
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:48 PM   #100  
Moderating Mama

I want to add to the jerk list and my comment above the woman who opened her car door to try to block my dad from splitting lanes because she didn't think it was fair. He very nearly dropped the bike when he swerved to avoid her open door.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:58 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

What a... um... it starts with a c and rhymes with "hunt" (referring to that lady in mandalinn's last comment)
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:57 PM   #102  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightengaleShane View Post
Speaking of drivers, I HATE HATE HATE RECKLESS ***s who almost hit me when I'm riding my bicycle!
This reminds me of when I'm running, and pushing my son in the stroller no less. There's like a 6 or 8 foot shoulder and I run facing traffic. I keep an eye out for any cars coming out of side streets. Now I WISH they'd keep an eye out for us! It never fails. Nearly every day I meet up with someone turning out of these side streets, they keep looking back at the oncoming traffic while turning...INTO THE SHOULDER! I stay way back and wait. I've often thought I'd have to climb the guardrail with the stroller somehow because they just keep driving forward still on the shoulder and don't realize they haven't actually gotten out into the road yet. Then they look up and are all shocked that someone was there. Putzes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightengaleShane View Post
Oh. Something that bothers me is when other bikers pass me just to slow down and ride in zigzags, making it near impossible for me to safely pass THEM!
I hate that with anything, cars, shopping carts....

When you're going through the store and people go wizzing by with their carts, cut right in front of you then stop to look at a display just as they cut in front of you...

Makes me wanna slam the buggy into their backside and see if they feel THAT in the morning.

But ::sigh::...I'll think it, just never do it. The most they get is an under my breath "how rude!"

Last edited by almostheaven; 11-15-2007 at 02:59 PM.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:01 PM   #103  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

And that last brought to mind other rude shoppers...

The ones that practically push by you, putting their hands right in front of you to push clothes around a rack when you are standing there looking through those very clothes. HELLLO! Did you not SEE me? You had to. You had your hands right in front of my face. A couple more inches and you'd have drawn back a nub.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:53 PM   #104  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkittn View Post
I live in a neighborhood where the houses are very close together, although we have decent sized front and back yards. There are lots of teenagers in the neighborhood, and what I hate is that they walk in the middle of the road. Oh and then they see my car coming and they keep walking in the middle of the road and I have to drive on the wrong side of the road to get around them.
That's when you drive behind them slowly... then blare the horn and scare the bejeezez out of them
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:52 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

People who can't, or won't, park in a parking stall properly. I'm sorry, but the lines are there for a reason. You aren't supposed to pick and choose which ones you are between or over!

I stopped taking my indoor only cat to the vet because they are insisting they clean her teeth the next time she comes in. She's 17, high strung, underweight, has some kind of eye twitch. Every time she goes in it's a major fit, you can hear her protesting out on the street. If she's made it 17 years without having her teeth cleaned they're going to stay dirty until she dies. She doesn't need the stress. And because I've taken this stand this particular vets office has deemed me an unsuitable cat owner forevermore.

And, because this is the second time in 18 months this has happened, the jerks who just "happen" to drop sofa's on the freeway. You'd think you would notice the load you are transporting just disappeared, guess not. My bad for not realizing sofa's on the freeway are a factor to contend with!
kappy is offline   Reply With Quote