I've got to get that sign off my car!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I can't see it but they can! It must read something like "All jerks get in front of me!" The commute this morning was not fun. It's either that or **** is too full and they sent them all to be on the road with me.
  • I know what you mean as I had a sign on my truck today that read semi please run me off the road - cause thats what he did. Crazy drivers.
  • I have given up on expecting most people to exhibit common courtesy, especially in their cars.

Apparently turn signals have been eliminated from most cars, or a sonic flare burned them all out, because I am the only one using them! I mean, how hard is it to indicate when you are switching lanes so that people around you can plan their driving accordingly? It is one thing to skip the signal when you are in a turn-only lane, or when no one is around...but on a busy freeway when you plan on darting your car in front of me? Signal, please!
  • Quote: I have given up on expecting most people to exhibit common courtesy, especially in their cars.

Apparently turn signals have been eliminated from most cars, or a sonic flare burned them all out, because I am the only one using them! I mean, how hard is it to indicate when you are switching lanes so that people around you can plan their driving accordingly? It is one thing to skip the signal when you are in a turn-only lane, or when no one is around...but on a busy freeway when you plan on darting your car in front of me? Signal, please!
    You musta missed the memo. Turn signals no longer mean I'd like to switch lanes. They NOW mean, "Look out I am coming and get the **** outta my way"... if they are used at all. I think this must be the terrorists diabolical plot. They've somehow managed to disable all our turn signals so we'll all get road rage and off each other, thus saving them the trouble.
  • Quote: I can't see it but they can! It must read something like "All jerks get in front of me!" The commute this morning was not fun. It's either that or **** is too full and they sent them all to be on the road with me.
    Oops sorry, I sent that mass e-mail to all the jerks last night thinking you'd get a kick of it... I'll send them another tonight explaining the mistake. Hopefully they'll all read it like they must've my last e-mail!
  • Quote: I can't see it but they can! It must read something like "All jerks get in front of me!" The commute this morning was not fun. It's either that or **** is too full and they sent them all to be on the road with me.
    I must have that same sign stuck on my car. The past two weeks have been HORRIBLE. I swear I've almost got hit about 20 times! I almost told my husband to drive today instead (we commute together) because I'm at the point where I can hardly take it anymore. And guess what? I almost got hit by a DOT bus today because apparently the driver believed that everyone should stop in the middle of the road so that he could take a left hand turn onto it!
  • Quote: Oops sorry, I sent that mass e-mail to all the jerks last night thinking you'd get a kick of it... I'll send them another tonight explaining the mistake. Hopefully they'll all read it like they must've my last e-mail!

I'm going to for that one!
  • Stay safe everyone!!! I have to agree w/Amanda, one of my worst peeves is the no turn signal usage. Whether it be following someone who suddenly steps on their brakes for no apparent reason, or the idiot driving next to you on the freeway who just assumes you can read his mind that he wants to get into your lane And for christssake, HANG UP THE PHONE AND DRIVE
  • I also agree with everyone..and I love the email joke!!!!

Where I live it is a small town, so the old people must figure that you know where they are going so they do not need to signal. We have like 2 stop signs in town, one right in the middle of town and all the old people go right through it....it is pathetic...and my office window faces the highway and man it is like 35mph through town on the highway and i swear they go 60!!! All I hear in my office all day is VRRRRROOOOOMMMM!
  • Strange, I must have that sign on my car too. I've even changed cars, the sign stayed with me.

I saw a truck this morning use the shoulder of the freeway as a passing lane. Since we were about to top a small hill, he had NO way of knowing if anybody was stopped on the shoulder on the downward side . . . thankfully he didn't hit anything and has lived to terrorize me another day.

A side note to the insane driving -- have you paid attention to how people are PARKING? Simple act, I think. You pull in crooked you back out and straighten up. Must be a foreign concept. Seriously. I had to fold an outside mirror in one afternoon to get out of a spot. That driver stood and glared at me, like it was my fault I practically needed Crisco to get out of that parking spot. Heck, I was there first, I was in straight! Wasn't my fault he didn't know all four of his tires were supposed to be inside the stupid lines on the pavement!
  • Quote:
    I saw a truck this morning use the shoulder of the freeway as a passing lane. Since we were about to top a small hill, he had NO way of knowing if anybody was stopped on the shoulder on the downward side . . . thankfully he didn't hit anything and has lived to terrorize me another day.
    Oh, these people make me FLAMING mad. The shoulder = not for passing, or getting yourself in front of other people. On bad days, I have been known to pull my car in WAY up close to the car in front of me and refuse to let them back in. If enough people do it, you can strand them out in the shoulder with no way to get back into the lane.
  • Ha, ha! That reminds me of what a woman in my office said the other day. She didn't get in to the office as early as she wanted and was explaining that she got stuck behind an elderly driver. She said, "I knew I was in trouble when I saw the license plate guard and it said 'Happy Golden Anniversary - Harold and Maude'!" I laughed at that one!

** no offense intended to an elderly drivers out there! **
  • Ok. You drive a sedan. Is it really that hard to park in between the lines in the parking garage?

It is???
  • I just caught a local news report yesterday of a couple who's car broke down on the interstate. As they were walking in the breakdown lane, another driver, apparantly was pulling over to use her cellphone, and somehow managed to run them both down and kill them. And this was in broad daylight. I'm not so sure it's that people are jerks so much as they're just too stupid to be given a license and am constantly wondering how they managed to get one.
  • Oh, and this couple left behind a child. I gotta go find that story. It was just awful.