3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Anyone else have the work blues? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/126348-anyone-else-have-work-blues.html)

Ohhkay8 11-02-2007 03:46 PM

Anyone else have the work blues?

This is just a vent.

I know I probably shouldn't be complaining, because I have a job and I get a lot of hours a week, which means a lot of money. (Okay, not a lot. That's for SURE! But for a part-time job completely unrelated to what I want to do with my life, it pays the bills).

HOWEVER, I am also a full-time student. I have classes from morning until night every Monday and Wednesday, and until 4:30 on Fridays. I haven't had a day off in a month, and I just feel like my life has become this part-time job that I don't even love all that much. I feel like I would love it if I wasn't working everyday. Today I finally had a day off, and they called me in anyway. I just feel so fed up! My grades are starting to suffer, because I get home from work and I'm exhausted. I just feel myself burning out very quickly, and I'm afraid I'm going to crash soon. It also makes me so moody because I never have the time to enjoy myself.

Is anyone else getting burned out by the monotony of a job? Or, life in general? :(

Kae 11-02-2007 03:56 PM

Boy do I know how you feel.. I have been there and done that.. and now I have a degree I am not using.. and I have a Fulltime and a part time job.

I'm on my 4th consecutive day of working doubles and I am just dragging (I'm at work right now.. haha)..

You are not alone. It is completely draining and gets quite depressing. I have really been having a hard time getting into the groove of trying to lose weight because my schedule is so messed up. I can't wait til Thanksgiving (A DAY OFF!)

Ohhkay8 11-02-2007 04:07 PM

Kae- Sorry to hear that you are in a similar (if not even more grinding) position. Thanksgiving can't come soon enough!

Barbara- Your words were very calming, thanks for that. I get so overwhelmed sometimes and it's hard to take a step back. You're right, this isn't forever!

kappy 11-02-2007 05:31 PM

Kayla, all I can is been there, done that, lived through it. If you are at all like I was giving up the income isn't exactly optional, you have to have it. I sure did. So improvise. I know of one gal who had flash cards -- every second she had she'd be flipping through those cards. It worked for her. Find what works for you, a book under the counter, notes you can review while at stop lights, whatever. No, it doesn't make the job better, doesn't make you less tired, but it can help with the grades and the frustration. You're doing the best you can under trying circumstances, give yourself credit for managing as well as you do.

Ohhkay8 11-03-2007 11:30 AM

Thanks for the advice, that's actually a really good idea.