General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-02-2007, 10:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

Default B.S.'ers at Work

Everyone has one at work. Let’s hear about it. My work has the biggest b.s. artist ever. In his short life, he has been in the special ops, secret missions, you name it. Plus, he claims to have the world’s best vision. Everything at his work station is in micro-print. We have a new person here today, so I have to listen to the stories all over again!
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

!!

Wow, he sounds like two guys at my job:
One of them says he practices with the musicians down the road. I later found out that these musicians moved out five years ago. He also said he is a substitute teacher. I do know that this is true... however, he claims to have substitute taught all the foremen 35 and under, as well as several city employees... including ones who didn't even GO to elementary/middle/high school here!

He said my last name looked familiar and then said he knew a guy with the same last name as me. He told me that since my last name is not all that common, we must be related. I said that all my Florida relatives are dead now, and informed him that I have living relatives in Louisiana, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and California. He said, "YEAH! This guy was from Louisiana! He had one of those funny Cajun type accents..."

I just let him talk.

The other one? He'll reiterate something he watched the previous night on, say, Discovery Health or the History Channel, then talk about it the next day while pretending he was either in the situation, knew someone who was, or had relatives who made obscure history. He'll recite all the facts and make it sound very believable, but since I LOVE Discovery Health and the History Channel, I've called him out on his BS more than a few times. Now, he has nothing to talk about with me.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 12:53 PM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

Ha, this could be an interesting thread. I wish I could remember all the stories of one of my ex-coworkers (first a fellow grad student, then he took a full-time job where I was working. He eventually got forced out of the position). Anyway, one of the biggest stories I remember him telling was that he invented the idea of 10 cent drink refills at Wendy's. Now, I don't know if there ever was a 10 cent refill or if they just went to free refills directly with the rest of fast food restaurants in America. I do know he was an assistant manager at Wendy's at one point. But I find it extremely hard to believe he was the brains behind that idea!
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:01 PM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I have one person in my office that is more of a "been there, done that" type of person. It is like a one upsmanship contest at times. You have been on a great vacation... she's been there and found even more exciting things than you did. You have a great recipe for something... she invented that dish. You're struggling with an issue... she's working on something even more stressful......

on and on....
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I have one person in my office that is more of a "been there, done that" type of person. It is like a one upsmanship contest at times. You have been on a great vacation... she's been there and found even more exciting things than you did. You have a great recipe for something... she invented that dish. You're struggling with an issue... she's working on something even more stressful......

on and on....
I had a friend like that in high school, drove me nuts! We didn't stay friends for long, it was always a game I liked to call "who's life is the worst?" Figured out that most of her drama was BS, whereas I had so much going on I didn't have time to deal with her insecurities. I had REAL life to deal with instead!
drake3272004 is offline   Reply With Quote