General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-22-2007, 07:17 PM   #31  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Wow. I am sending my best thoughts for everyone in the area. I hope you are all ok. I can hardly believe it but I can smell smoke all the way up here in Morro Bay. I can't imagine what it must be like to breathe the air in SD right now.
Spinymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:45 PM   #32  

S/C/G: Size 26W/Size 24W/Size 8

Height: 5'7 1/2"

channel 9 has live streaming coverage:

http://www.kusi.com/
rubberlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:57 PM   #33  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Be safe RUBBERLEGS!

Right now I am housing the following evacuees ~ 1 son ~ 1 daughter in law ~ her 3 fish ~ 1 ex-wife's sister ~ her white german shepard....had a friend call that said IF and only IF he can't find a hotel room for him and his wife and son....ordering pizza tonight....
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:28 PM   #34  
Walking by faith

Arrow

Wildfires are scary! We were around 35 miles from the southern end of the Okefenokee Swamp fires this spring, and we had smoke and ash falling all over the place. Even though the fires were serious, most of the affected area was woodland/swamp. There were a few evacuations, but only minor property loss. Our town housed a lot of the rescue workers. They'd go out at dawn, and wouldn't come back until sunset. Without their hardwork and dedication, the outcome may have been much worse. I pray for the firefighters, and for all those who've been evacuated..for their safety, and for their homes.

Gary: Sounds like you've got your hands full! Please stay safe!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:21 PM   #35  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thanks Joanne...we are surrounded by fires but TOTALLY SAFE! Prayers are needed for the others! Keep sending them gals!
Old 10-22-2007, 10:27 PM   #36  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Stay safe everyone.

Gary hope you're not too near those fires.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:49 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi Gary. We have somewhat of a full house too. We luckily just moved from san elijo hills out to buena creek on 10/10. Our friend/roommates' parents were evacuated from their home in olivenhein so they're staying here. Heard that earlier in the day san elijo was evacuated too. From looking at the map the evacuation area comes the whole way up to 78 so we're just outside of it. Pretty crazy. Everyone else in the house is sleeping but I'm pretty scared. I'm from Pittsburgh, we never had this crap! I'm really worried about how things might change overnight...
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:51 AM   #38  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Well I have family in whittier and pomona and we called and they have ashes on their cars! I heard that lake arrowhead is burning now too and I have an ex sis in law and her dh and 2 kids and her dad, he is in crestline and she is in lake gregory. I haven't heard back from them yet but I am sure they are safe.

This is terrible, 7 ciountys are on emergency alert.

We live in victorville area and my kids said yesterday there may be no school today. I need to call at 7:00.

Keep praying everyone!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:52 AM   #39  
I AM healthy!

Ezmoney:

That is so nice of you to let everyone stay!
Old 10-23-2007, 09:56 AM   #40  
I AM healthy!

ezmoney:
Quote:
MY nephew is having too hard a time breathing to do homework....but he thinks he could struggle through some skateboarding..
Sounds about right!

junebug41
Quote:
Word of the wise, when they tell you to leave, leave. I'll be praying for everyone affected and hoping that you are all safe! I know that even if you aren't in an evacuated area, the smoke can be overwhelming!
Exactly, LEAVE! I read yesterday that some people I think it was in lake arrowhead, basically they are spending all their attention on rescuing people who didn't leave quick enough instead of fighting fires!!
Old 10-23-2007, 10:05 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

As I slowly hear word from friends, relatives and acquaintances, I start to think of other people that live in the affected areas. It's just devastating to think that so many people will be displaced.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:07 AM   #42  
I AM healthy!

Yeah last I heard it was 250,000 evacuated!
Old 10-23-2007, 10:08 AM   #43  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

As of this morning over 300,000 evacuated plus more keep being added as the fires burn. It is, obviously, very hard to breath here with all the smoke. It was pretty clear by me yesterday but now the winds have moved the bad air our way.

The fire closest to me is still burning but surrounded ~ no danger here.

The fire that caused evacuation's of my son and DIL and ex-wife's sister is still growing strong but headed away from their homes...so far so good.

Jasmine ~ We are not gettin any info down here on the L.A. fires....everything on our stations is what is going on down here San Diego way.

STACY ~You have every right to be concerned dear. With all the fields around your new area and trees....I think the biggest fear that we have now though is the fact that all the fire fighters are BUSY! In case something happens in our areas. I know the air is full of smoke by you too!

Thank you all for your concerns and prayers for the victims.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:21 AM   #44  
I AM healthy!

Yeah we don't have cable so any info I get is from cnn.com.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:34 AM   #45  

S/C/G: Size 26W/Size 24W/Size 8

Height: 5'7 1/2"

I forgot to tell you about my other sister - she's somewhere on a boat and her husband is in Arizona - her house burned down in Poway. From the description given on the news, I think another friend of mine's house burned down. She lives on Lake Hodges close to the boat ramp and they said there was a fire starting at the ramp and fanning out. I know a ton of people in Poway/Escondido/San Marcos who have evacuated. Eek! As for me, I'm not evacuating yet. I'm packed, but there's not much chance of my having to evacuate unless things took a dramatic turn for the worse. The Coronado fire is contained, and the Lake Hodges/San Pasqual/Valley Center fires would have to eat up all Escondido to get to me. Unless a power line falls...
rubberlegs is offline   Reply With Quote