3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   ~Mandalinn82's Cover!!~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/125406-%7Emandalinn82s-cover-%7E.html)

mandalinn82 10-22-2007 12:17 PM

I developed a SEVERE distaste for Oprah waiting for it to come out, but its definitely in the States now. I've gotten SO many emails from so many different people - the article DOES have a 3FC mention, so hopefully we can get some people into the site to get all of the benefits it can offer.

Thanks to all for the compliments :)

techwife 10-22-2007 12:19 PM

We've got it here!! I just saw it at Walmart. WTG Amanda!! :woohoo:

nicolen 10-22-2007 12:59 PM

This is going to sound really cheeky, but is it possible for someone to scan the article and email it to me - or post the text somewhere so I can read it. I'd love to read it, but we don't get that magazine here and the website I think relates to this magazine doesn't post their articles online.

Thanks for your help!

Clydegirl 10-22-2007 01:30 PM

I picked one up today.

Many congratulations you look great.

smilely771 10-22-2007 02:38 PM

Finally got it !!
WTG Amanda you look great. I'll try some of your meal idea's they look great...yum,yum

Spinymouse 10-22-2007 02:48 PM

Amanda - just curious: how did you connect with the magazine people?

mandalinn82 10-22-2007 03:15 PM

Lynn - thanks! I feel like they represented me pretty fairly.

Spinymouse - they found me through my 3FC mini-goal collage post.

mandalinn82 10-22-2007 03:16 PM

Clydegirl - thank you!

FrouFrou 10-22-2007 04:14 PM

I was just at the store and forgot to look for it, lol! Will look tomorrow. I know Sat I looked and it wasn't out then. CONGRAT'S on the article tho.

melekalikimaka 10-22-2007 04:36 PM

...waiting with bated breath!

Darn it! Just came back from the drugstore and saw Oprah. I don't need to know how to "eat" like Oprah, I can put on weight just fine by myself thank you. KIDDING! :rolleyes: I'd much rather see our 3FC Amanda.

mandalinn82 10-22-2007 04:41 PM

Might take some extra time out there in Hawaii? We had ours on Thursday of last week, but I'm in CA.

I got SOOO mad at Oprah. Oprah Oprah Oprah. Ugh.

Eventually Oprah goes away and I WILL appear, though!

cbmare 10-22-2007 07:10 PM

I would have loved for it to be longer. It was truly inspiring. I finally found it on Sunday! You look wonderful. So, tell me again how they did those pants, please.

Jen415 10-22-2007 07:18 PM

Amanda, you look GREAT! I wish they had used a different picture inside instead of the same pic on the cover...

So WHO are the people that tried your menus? Are they 3FCers?

Congrats on such a GREAT job!!

mandalinn82 10-22-2007 07:24 PM

No - they are just weight loss testers that WW finds. I REALLY want to talk to them, especially the woman who is motivated to keep going to goal. I have SO MANY more recipes for her!

The pants are fedexed to each of the before/after shoots for their weight loss stories. They are the same pants for everyone, and are merely prop pants.

Though I realized my waist only was about a foot smaller than the giant pants. Which is sobering, to say the least.

NightengaleShane 10-23-2007 08:23 AM

Daaaang girl, you look HOT! :)

I was waiting for Mandalinn's cover to come out, too... as everyone else said, I was tired of seeing Oprah's face! I pretty much never buy WW, but this was the exception. I told my girlfriend, "I kinda sorta know that girl from the fat forum!" (she calls it the fat forum :lol:) and she was impressed and said you look beautiful also.