General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-12-2007, 12:04 PM   #1  

Default Halloween Costume Ideas

I don't know what to be- any creative ideas???
VelVeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 12:31 PM   #2  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

If I could afford it I would be going as Dolly P. I still have my nursing boobs but I've lost all my weight..this may be the only year I could pull it off! But I would need a corset and a wig,not to mention a sequined outfit.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:17 PM   #3  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

How creative do you want to go?

I was thinking of dying a sheet(not your best ones, of course)---tie dying would be a nice effect.

Then, taking the cardboard roll from used paper towels. Make a flame out of any kind of stiff paper---could be a brown paper bag (remember those?)

Find a couple of books and wrap them with part of the brown paper bag.

And, you could make a crown out of the inside of a plain cardboard cereal box.

Drape the sheet across your body (if it's cold wear something underneath),
color (either paint or crayon) the tube with the flame, put a belt or cord around your waist to adjust, wear some sandals (if it's cold wear socks underneath) and you could be the "Lady Liberty".

The whole outfit should be no more than $5.00.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

You could get a big bag of "Smarties" candies (not the Canadian ones, the rolls of hard sugar) and you could tape them to your jeans and be a "Smarty Pants"....

You could dress up in a turtle neck, pants, hat, gloves and scarf and be a "nudist on strike" with a sign or something...

I love Halloween costumes!! I tend to go all out! One year I was Ozzy and I had so much fun!!
aymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:18 PM   #5  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Smarty pants - LOL... Nudist on strike - LOVE EM!

I am tempted to paint myself green, wear a teal dress and go as Fiona from Shrek.
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 227/170/130

Height: 5'2

I bought a hot pink wig and pink fairy wings today. I'm going to wear all black with fish net hose and knee high boots and be a punk fairy. You can get some great ideas at the halloween stores, so much fun!
JazzyNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:42 PM   #7  
ViolinCyndee

I was a bellydancer the year before last, and a sexy nurse last year.. My husband was a sheik to go with my bellydancer costume, only, everyone kept thinking he was a 'terrorist'! He was a doctor when I was a nurse.

Not sure what we are doing this year.. We usually go to a party.
ViolinCyndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:42 PM   #8  
ViolinCyndee

OH I remember a great costume I had when I was around 14: Santa!! It was hillarious!
ViolinCyndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

get an empty box of cereal and put a plastic knife thr it and you are now a Cereal killer....lol...cheep and easy.

actaully one year i took a plain white tee shirt and made myself into a classified ad page of the news paper. I used a sharpie marker and made up ads. I actually had a lot of fun making the ads silly/stupid. I did silly ads with animals such as single white poodle seeks handsome unneutered male for long walks in the park (i'm a veterinarian so had to be silly with animals). A lot of ppl seemed to like it and it was about $5 for a cheep white mens undershirt and sharpie marker. It was great!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 08:12 AM   #10  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Last year my much older boyfriend and I dressed up as The Old Geezer and The Gold-digger. He duded himself up as a very old man with zero fashion sense, bad teeth, flashing lots of "gold" jewelry, and cash. I dressed as a blond floozy with wayyyyyyy too much cleavage and dripping in bling. It was hilarious.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:14 AM   #11  
Slowly Shrinking

S/C/G: 271/157/145

Height: 5'9"

Creative, unique and cheap are what I normally shoot for when it comes to costumes. My favorites are:

Flasher - Just wear shorts and a t-shirt under a trench coat. For added fun, buy a cheap white undershirt and draw some breasts and abs on it, so you can still flash something!

Construction worker - For about $10, you can get a yellow vest and hardhat at any home depot type store. Just wear it with jeans and a black t-shirt.
Christine in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:44 AM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I saw a guy at a party, years ago, with a lamp shade on his head and a cardboard box around his waist decorated as a night stand ~ ONE NIGHT STAND
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:31 PM   #13  

Location: Georgia, but orignially from Maine and I want to go back

S/C/G: 194/156/125-130

Height: 5'4

Wink Dirty Laundry

One Year my husband and I were going to go to a costume party he was going to go as a college student cause it was easy for him and I was going to take a giant sheet put holes for my legs tie it around my neck and put laundry bag on it with clothes sticking out of it. I was going as his college Laundry. We didn't end up going but I thought it was a neat idea.
dietgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:51 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 240/193/135

Height: 5'4"

Lightbulb A tube of toothpaste!

I did this one year!

Just take an old sheet & sew up the sides, use some type of wire to form the top into a circle & pinch the end into the same shapes as the top & bottom of a tube of toothpaste. With fabric paint or a marker or whatever write toothpaste down the length of the front of the tube. Top with a lampshade as the toothpaste cap.

Or how about a bunch of grapes?
wear a body stocking & attach balloons all over your body? Only problem with that one is you can't sit down.

Gotta love that nudist on strike though
Time for a change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:00 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

Grey sweats with a yellow hat and a water gun.Partly cloudy with a chance of showers.That way when people ask...you can squirt them.

Two years ago,after going to a ren faire and seeing some of the chracters(they weren't really faeries,but similar),I used a black dress to glue fall covered leaves and glitter to,made a fall colored crown of flowers,and placed fall colored tooling around the cuffs and bottom of the dress.Did my face up in fall colors and went as an Autumn faerie/pixie.You can do the same with the different seasons,and best of all...the dress I used I had bought years earlier from a thrift store for $2.00. The closest I could come to finding a pic is this one http://travel.webshots.com/photo/215...77558161MYcTwP
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote