General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-09-2007, 01:24 PM   #1  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default Inspiring Lyrics

I heard this on the radio this morning. I had to look it up and share:

If I had a Daughter
By Terri Hendrix
And Lloyd Maines

If I had a daughter, I'd tell her that the first breath of life is the easiest. From then on out it takes years of practice. Cause if you know how to keep air in your lungs then you'll survive when fate tackles you, rubs your face in the Astroturf, and grinds its cleats into your back. I'd tell her that it's better to be out there on the field of life takin' hits and makin' touchdowns than *****in' about the game in the bleachers.

If I had a daughter, I'd teach her how to face life and its peaks and valleys with grit, modesty, hope, compassion, and love. I'd want her to accept herself. I'd want her to watch the stars instead of her weight, love her body, feed her soul, dance with her curves, see those blue veins as a masterpiece, howl at the moon instead of her hair, and to live inside out.

Chorus:
If I had a daughter ...

If I had a daughter, I'd teach her to hold her head high and strut through this world as a "more than" instead of a "less than." She'd trust her voice, speak her mind, and seek the truth. Cause if it talks like a duck and walks like a duck then yes, it might be a skunk.

If I had a daughter, she'd know that gay or straight, pin-striped or polka-dotted, tye-dyed or solid, straight-laced or bent, she'd have my acceptance and blessing in regards to whomever she gave her heart to. If I had a daughter, I'd give her a compass so if she was lost, she could find her way back to reality. And when her soul hit the low notes and her heart was a kick drum, I'd teach her how to turn it into song.

Chorus:
If I had a daughter

If I had a daughter, I'd want her to be willing to venture into the great unknown. But I'd make sure she had the blueprints to build her own universe. If I had a daughter, I would carry her with me in every breath of every moment. I would wake with her name on my lips and go to bed with her dreams in my heart. If I had a daughter ...

Chorus:
If I had a daughter ...

Last edited by Spinymouse; 10-09-2007 at 01:51 PM.
Spinymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 01:53 PM   #2  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

How beautiful... thank you for sharing.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 02:06 PM   #3  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Wow - thanks for sharing that. What a moving song.

You inspired me to go find it on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgVeDyAGCdY
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote