3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   any sell on ebay (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/124614-any-sell-ebay.html)

dwilkinsonofthree 10-08-2007 04:15 PM

any sell on ebay

Sorry to both everyone just wondering if you do and what everyone sells!
Does anyone work for a company. Just wondering. Thanks

StillTryin 10-08-2007 04:47 PM

I just sell a few things here and there, nothing major, just stuff I dont need anymore. Sometimes the fee's eat up all the money...especially if people pay with PayPal.

mom2fivesweeties 10-08-2007 07:09 PM

Ebay kind of goes with the economy. I don't think it's a seller's market right now. A few years ago, I used to sell and cleared a couple of hundred dollars a week. That was great money for us. Every penny counts. I sold vintage Gymboree kids clothes and plus size clothing. But now if you BUY you are usually getting a great deal. I bought brand new Halloween costumes for all 4 of my youngest kids and they were under $10.00 a piece. I'm sure the sellers were hoping for much more, but like I said it pretty much follows the economy. If people have to spend all their $$$ on raising mortgages and astronomical gasoline prices, they won't buy on Ebay.
Lori

Quiet Ballerina 10-09-2007 12:08 AM

I buy and sell on ebay. Right now I'm trying to clean out my room....so I've been putting clothes and random knick knacks on ebay. Nothing I really expect much money on. If I didn't sell it, I'd just bring it to the local goodwill...so i don't mind if I don't make much money off of it.

I think I buy on ebay more than I sell. But I just bought 4 books for just over $5 (including shipping) so I think mom2fivesweeties is right about it being a buyers market right now.

dwilkinsonofthree 10-09-2007 10:54 AM

Thanks everyone I will not waste my time going shopping and trying to find things. I guess I will have to find another way of making a little cash

veggielover 10-09-2007 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StillTryin (Post 1885559)
I just sell a few things here and there, nothing major, just stuff I dont need anymore. Sometimes the fee's eat up all the money...especially if people pay with PayPal.

Yeah, it's almost sad. I just sold around 850 dollars worth of stuff the past week and eBay had a special seller's promotion for free listing so as long as the gallery picture was placed on an auction. Paypal just eats everything. I pay sellers with my account, which is free for them (that sucks!) but when people buy from me, I get a crap load of fees! they took a little over 60 bucks from my 850. That's not including the ebay fees. Shipping is also getting expensive.

I only make a little bit of money, but I sell pretty high demand stuff. I'm a mild collector of rare things, always looking for cheap steals and reselling.

ThePrettyOne 10-09-2007 12:37 PM

I've sold a few cars, aftermarket car parts (rims off my personal cars and such), a few pieces of clothing and odds and ends that I didn't want, but were worth too much to throw away. Haven't sold anything in a long time though!

Jasmine31 10-09-2007 12:54 PM

How much to sell plus sized clothing for?

ButterflyDiva 10-09-2007 02:19 PM

I usually just buy but I have sold a few things like video games that I played and didn't want to keep, a gamecube and xbox and my Sweet Valley collection. I made decent mony off it but Stilltryin is right the fees to take a lot out of it.

mom2fivesweeties 10-09-2007 02:42 PM

Jasmine,
Just do a search on Ebay and see what things are going for. I just search for plus size 3x or whatever - lots of stuff will come up and you can see what people are paying for whatever.
It used to be pretty good, not sure what it is now - I love Lands End clothing and there was a person selling plus size Lands End at considerable savings - I think she lived near an outlet or something -
Lori

nelie 10-09-2007 02:59 PM

When I had my initial weight loss, (75 lbs), I sold a lot of things on ebay. This was about 3 years ago though. I actually sold some items for higher than I bought them for and many items I sold for about the price that I bought them. I was amazed. The stuff was gently used but I was surprised and what a good price people would pay for good, gently used plus size clothes.

melekalikimaka 10-09-2007 04:33 PM

I have sold gently used clothes, shoes, purses and household items on ebay. I haven't sold anything since ebay bought PayPal so I don't know about the changes in sellers fees, etc. I use ebay alot to find things I can't get locally (I'm out in Hawaii) and can usually find good deals. Shipping poses a problem sometimes especially on larger or bulkier items.

If you are looking to make some spare $$$$ and not have to deal with shipping fees and boxing things up, have you considered your local Craigslist? You can post things for free and include photos and just have people contact you via email or by telephone if you prefer to come and buy your items from you direct. I have bought quite a few things via Craigslist recently and saved many dollars rather than buying new.

mom2fivesweeties 10-09-2007 07:36 PM

Hi Melekalikimaka,
I've been meaning to ask you - is that your CAT? OMG what a cutie! I have a pug dog that is fat too and she just has rolls and rolls! :rofl: I was in your beautiful state back in 1974 on Oahu and Kaui - it was SO gorgeous! I sure would love to get back there one day!
Lori

melekalikimaka 10-09-2007 07:54 PM

Hi Lori, no he's not my cat, just a picture I found online which pretty much summed up how I felt at the time (like a stuffed sausage :lol: ). He is adorable but it's kind of sad too in a way. I don't know how the real owner ever got him to be so big :lol: I believe he's from China.

and now back to your regularly scheduled programming ;)

GatorgalstuckinGA 10-09-2007 09:53 PM

i have sold just stuff in the house i wasn't needed on ebay. Some stuff is good...okay. If you live in a bigger area...definately check out craigs list. Dh and i sold a chair, bed, and table relatively quickly with no charge. That's the best part about craigs list...there aren't silly fees like ebay. However, if you live in podunknowhere, ebay might be better. But check it out.