General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-06-2007, 11:25 AM   #1  

Height: 5ft1

Default Long Lost Sister!!

Read THIS

well Peter is my boyfriends grandad!!! Daz (my boyfriend) called me up last week to tell me about this, and now its in the paper!!! aint it sweet =D =D
ZoeJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Tell us more? What is this all about?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:27 PM   #3  

I couldn't get the full story from your link. I thought from your subject that you had a long lost sister and somehow you and your boyfriend were related!I guess that is not so, however the web site only gave brief referance to the story. from the little bit that was printed was pretty amazing, how does the long lost sister feel about this amazing news?
Old 10-06-2007, 01:36 PM   #4  

Height: 5ft1

what i will do is type up the paper article! its in tonites paper!!

"Three stunnned wolverhampton brothers have just discovered a 75-year old sister they did not know existed. Peter, 72, and 64 year old twins Les and Malcolm Jones met Jessie Dare - who was adopted before they were born and bought up 100 miles away in Wales - for the first time this week. The trio - who have lived all their lives in Wednesfield - said: "Mum and dad had kept the secret of our sister for 75 years and taken it to their graves - so the meeting was very emotional with lots of tears."
It came days after peter recieved a bombshell phone call revealing the missing piece of the family jigsaw. He said: "i was dumbstruck. Neither my brothers no i had a clue that jessie existed and i thought i was a wind up - but as soon as i saw her all those doubts dissapeared because she has our mother's eyes."
The shock call came from Jessies oldest son Charlie who tracked down his mothers missing kith and kind after she got a copy of her original birth certificate.
The 51-year old saw she had been born in Wolverhampton and discovered through the city's bereavment services that a couple with the same names as her parents were buried at Bushbury Cemetry in 1992. He traced the stonemason who had made the headstone for their grave and got the phone number of the person who had placed the order 15 years ago. Charlie arranged for his mother to visit Peter but did not tell her where they were going. Jessie's brothers took her to the grave of their parents and gave her a picture of the couple - the first she had ever seen.
Jessie, a widow with three children, said at her home in Newport, South Wales: "I thought he was just taking me for a drive and i assumed we were going to London because he picked me up so early in the morning."
"Meeting my brothers and their families was one of the happiest days of my life - i still have nnot come back down to earth yet. i was a bag of nerves when i met them all but we got on like a house on fire"
Jessie was adopted as a toddler and bought up in Newport as Jess Cleaver"

Aint it sweet!!!
ZoeJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 01:53 PM   #5  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

That is such a great story. How nice for them to find each other. I bet the holidays will be even more memorable this year.

I love the line: "...we got on like a house on fire"
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 02:10 PM   #6  
I restore Teeth.

Oh that is so sweet. I love these reunions!

Gals, my mom was going to give my twin sister up for adoption when she was born. Then she thought about the possibilty that I would find her eventually down the road and then resent her. Damn right I woulda. I'm glad she made the right decision not to. I read a story of 2 twin males reuniting once and it was so bittersweet (The parents gave them both up and they were both adopted by different families, and somehow both named the SAME first name!)
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 03:08 PM   #7  

An amazing story, and to think the parents wanted no one to learn the truth, that part is sad, but the rest is awesome!