Fat chick picnic?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Has anyone ever conducted something like this on 3FC? Like, a real life meetup for whatever members are able to come in a location that we all agree upon?

I think it would be really awesome if it happened one day. We could make further plans if anyone is interested Thoughts?
  • A lot of our forums that have had meetups within their groups and have had great experiences to share. The mods have also had little meetups which were fantastic!

I think we have a lot of members in Florida
  • how about ny?
  • I hardly ever run into people from Kansas, but it would be cool.

I'll bring the carrot sticks!
  • Ive tried to gather with Chicks in San Diego, California and it always fizzles out, one way or another.
  • Yeah, Suzanne, there DOES seem to be a lot of us from Florida, which would be really convenient for me! Maybe Florida just has a lot of fat people?

NY is another good location, or perhaps somewhere in the middle of the country? How's THAT for a compromise?
  • I think we should all meet someplace wild and exotic.
  • OK, it's kinda cliche but how about Hawaii? (and not just because I'm already here )
  • MIDWEST!! NOW THERE'S AN IDEA!!

• Haha, sounds good to me. My parents are in southern Illinois.
  • Hey Amber,
    We are in Columbia, right across from south St. Louis county across the Mississippi. Where are your parents?
    Chicago would be a cool place too to get together!
    Lori
  • I'd be willing to travel to a 3FC meet-up!
  • Lori I know Columbia. I'm in Mascoutah.
  • Your best bet is to try to have small, mini meetups locally. Several members have tried to organize more wide-spread meetups in the past and all resulted in chaos, none resulted in an actual meetup. It's impossible to find one location to make everyone happy. Then you have to know how many are coming so you can find a suitable spot for it. Are there costs involved in finding a meeting place? What if people back out at the last minute due to the expense of traveling (very common). Tons of pitfalls.

However, small mini-meetups have been sucessful. Maybe see who all lives in a certain region within one state, for example, then go from there
  • Oh Suzanne, we were thinking we'd just show up in your back yard next weekend! It should still be warm enough to camp, right?