General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-23-2007, 10:46 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 229/SeeTicker/155

Height: 5' 9"

Hey girlies, my guys finally managed to beat Tampa Bay at the St. Pete Times Forum (TB had won the last 13 out of 20!) 4-1 last night! So that's the last 3 out of 4 games we've won.

Sadly, our Justin Williams has a leg injury that will keep him out 4 - 6 months! So the other guys are really going to have to turn it up a notch!!!

Happy for you guys that your teams won last night, as well! TPO, are we ready for New Year's Eve yet??? Gonna get ya!

Hope you all have a great Christmas Eve tomorrow!

Last edited by babenwaiting; 12-23-2007 at 10:47 PM.
babenwaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 09:52 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 164/138/120

Height: 5'2"

Well, we killed the Penguins 4-2 Friday night, then went onto beat the Caps 3-2 in OT Saturday night! I love attending games thay go into OT, so exciting! Way to go Islanders! If only we can keep it up!

Tonight is the Leafs!!
ThePrettyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 11:44 AM   #138  
Addicted to potato salad!

I'm so excited we swept Philly. The last game was in Philly and we tied up with a Vanek goal with seconds to spare...then won in a shootout!! I needed a DRINK after that game!!
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 09:11 AM   #139  

Oh baby, we defeated the Leafs 4-3 in OT last night!

Tonight....the Senators!! We may need a little to pull off a win, but we defeated them last time we met. So I am optimistic!
Old 12-29-2007, 11:38 PM   #140  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

TECH I know this is about hockey...how are my Ducks doing by the way? Anyhow...I know WE love Peyton but OMG!! TOM BRADY!! WOW!! WOW!!! What a QB!! What a game tonight! 16-0 baby...like I really care but OMG...what a QB!!..........my son met Frank Reich day before yesterday, here in San Diego for the Holiday Bowl game...remember him?
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:17 PM   #141  

45 minutes!!

http://sabres.nhl.com/team/app/?serv...galleryId=3950
Old 01-01-2008, 05:36 PM   #142  

techwife, that was an amazing game!!! So beautiful ... like a winter wonderland. I wish they'd do that every New Year's Day! The NHL must be thrilled with the way that came off ... I watched every minute, and thought of you! Both teams deserved to win, if you know what I mean. OMG, what tough or (drunk or numb) fans to sit out in that weather for that long!!! My favorite moment was when Orpik was sent sailing through the air ... couldn't have happened to a more-deserving guy! (He broke Erik Cole's neck, remember?) The commercial with Ryan Miller is hilarious!!! (The Yo-Mama one? Didn't you love it? )

The 'Canes are now the walking wounded, and it's showing. I was at the game with the Islanders last night, and the 2nd & 3rd were just embarrassing. We are leading the SE Div. by 4 points, but it can't be for long. So many who really matter are injured ... I have tickets to the Atlanta game tomorrow night, and I almost dread it!

Last edited by babenwaiting; 01-01-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:09 PM   #143  

Well, it would have been better if we'd won. But it was fun to watch, anyway. During the third period, my husband says, "Watch we go to a shootout and Crosby gets to be the hero and wins the game." I loved that ad with Miller, too. I almost missed it because I kept switching to CBC...I hate NBC announcers. They never get the names right and I think once they said, "Here in Boston!" I mean, come on. ESPN called Ales Kotalik RICHARD Kotalik and today they called Paul Gaustad MARK Gaustad. I started the game feeling really good, like, 'wow...this is really great exposure for Buffalo!" and eventually, somewhere in the third I realized it was all just a background for Cindy Crosby. Its all NBC talked about, like the rest of the players were just a bunch of trees standing around. Drove me nuts...especially when he won the game. Bleh.

Regarding the crazy fans...I've been to that stadium so many times and NEVER on a sunny day. One day I watched the Bills play the Jets and the rim on my hat needed a rain gutter...the rain was dripping off like an awning on a rainy day. One game against the Raiders, I was in the very top row of the upper deck and the temperature on the field was minus 14!! I was going against my 6th grade health teacher's warning to not drink rum to stay warm...a couple of old men in front of us kept giving us swigs off their bottle. I survived, but probably wouldn't have done that in this day and age.

Anyway...great game...but I strongly dislike Crosby for the time being. Its just pure, honest-to-goodness jealousy. He's like....Disney's hockey player. The Justin Timberlake of the NHL.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:34 PM   #144  

techwife, I feel your pain about *Cindy!* (I'd sell a body part to get him for Carolina! ) Well, Ryan Miller got the best commercial though! You know I'm not a Sabres fan, but I like Ryan so much ... your guys are lucky to have him! It was pretty much the Crosby show but at least they talked about Ryan some but absolutely nobody else. They also called JORDON Staal, "Jared" ... (his much younger brother!)

I think it was great exposure for Buffalo, and showed what a lot of heart your fans have ... and I think they have fur under their clothes, too, to sit out in that snow & sleet! Maybe they'll do it again next year, and you'll win that one!!!

Now, say some prayers for the 'Canes against the Thrashers tomorrow night. Just found out about two more injuries, including Wallin's groin pull from last night. I swear I'm going to have to offer to play for them!
Old 01-02-2008, 06:32 AM   #145  

Well, actually, I'd like to see Ovechkin on the Sabres...in my wildest dreams! He looks like a wife-beater, but that's a good quality in a hockey player. Not actually BEING a wife-beater but looking like one. I have to say, though, I'd definitely like Cindy better if he were in blue and gold, THAT's for sure.

Now that I'm over it...it really was a great game. Good luck tonight with the Thrashers. It should be an easy one for Carolina and you guys really need a good win! I feel your pain with that, too!!

I really like Miller, too. If goalies could be captains, he would be wearing the C for us. He's a great leader and an excellent role model for the little guys. I don't live in Buffalo anymore, but I hear he's out and about all the time and is super nice to everyone.

Last edited by techwife; 01-02-2008 at 06:34 AM.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:53 PM   #146  

I missed the bulk of the MYE game but heard it was a good one....well for the Islanders at least. We need the wins though!!
Old 01-18-2008, 11:35 PM   #147  

Hey Hockey Buddies ... where have we all been? Speaking for myself, the 'Canes have been struggling so badly with injuries and horrible flu that we managed to lose our lead in the SE division for a couple of days, to Atlanta, just got it back tonight in our 7-2 whipping of the Oilers!!!

Thank you, Techwife's Buffalo, for taking Atlanta out behind the woodshed tonight ... 10-1!!! OMG ... so glad you did that favor for us!

ThePrettyOne, with the way we've been struggling I've been worried about seeing your guys this coming Monday and Tuesday. May the hardest workers win! I may be at the game Tuesday!

GO 'CANES!!!

Last edited by babenwaiting; 01-18-2008 at 11:36 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:44 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

Are the Sabres still playing Hockey? I thought they got booted out of the league for being "pretend" professionals...

EZ--> I remember Frank Reich! I was at that game that is the greatest comeback in NFL history when we beat the (then) Oilers!

... those were the days... sniff, sniff...
aymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:25 PM   #149  

How good it felt to Thrash the Thrashers!! Two hat tricks in one game!! Then, back to the same ole, same ole in Toronto, getting out butts kicked again. I wish we could have saved some of the ten goals from Friday night and used them last night. Oh, well...

Anyone looking forward to the All Stars stuff?
Old 01-23-2008, 09:36 AM   #150  

How crazy was that Hurricanes game last night??? Islanders had 3 short handed goals. I'm sure the Canes coach was fuming in THAT locker room!!!