POETS and PIRATES

• I just received my new Kenny Chesney CD, JUST WHO I AM: POETS AND PIRATES from Amazon....only on the first side...LOVE IT!

Just sharing....

do you like COUNTRY MUSIC?
  • OMGoodness...I just realized I said "first side" of the CD...am I ever giving away my age! The CD was only 4 songs in as I was posting...was "thinkin'" (not sure i should be doing that) it was on the first side....wow...step up to the techkno world there GAR!
  • My BF and I are big Kenny fans, we go see him whenever he's anywhere near us. I haven't heard Poets and Pirates yet (he's hogging it still), but he said that there are a lot of sad ones on it. I'm telling you now, I tear up every time I hear "Don't Blink" on the radio. "And you're praying God takes you instead" gets me EVERY time. I don't know if I could take a whole CD of lines like that.
  • I love Country music!!!!!!!!! Can't say that I'm a big fan of Kenny, though. I liked his earlier stuff, most of his latest has been too slow, sappy, or "remember" this or that.
    I do, however, love Martina, Trisha, Toby, Gretchen, Big and Rich, Loretta, and Patsy to name a few................ I was able to see Trisha in '95, went to a great show that was in remembrance of Patsy about the same time. Saw Toby in '06 and Martina this past summer. Trying to see if I can snag tickets for Brad Paisley.........Trace Atkins and Tyler Swift, they are coming soon! And sometime when the kids are older we plan on going to WeFest
  • depends on which country...

if it's the US, then my answer is NO.
  • I like Kenny too. I'm also a big fan of Brooks & Dunn, George, Toby, Trace, Blake Sheldon, Pat Green, and Miranda Lambert. These days, though, I'm listening to more Sugarland. I saw them in concert with Brooks & Dunn and they were fabulous. Brad Paisley doesn't do anything for me. His songs are a little too cute for me. For some reason the word "prepackaged" comes to mind!
  • I'm a big music fan in general...I love most genres. But I admit, country is my favorite.
  • Love country music!
  • Yep - big country fan here! Waiting patiently for the new Rascal Flats CD (comes out on Tuesday!)
  • I like old country like Hank Williams and Patsy Cline. I won't even listen to the new stuff. I'm really into bluegrass, though.

BTW, did you know the other day was "Talk Like a Pirate Day"?
  • I thought this was a talk like a pirate day thread too :P

Not a huge fan of country, but growing up in Georgia and especially being active in 4H, I got a lot thrust upon me. Older stuff I like- Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, Dolly Parton even. And I must say that my heart swells with pride every time I hear Chattahoochee by Alan Jackson because I grew up on the Chattahoochee. The Dixie Chicks and Willie Nelson are personal heroes of mine as well, even if I don't enjoy their music as much as other genres.
  • Quote: I like old country like Hank Williams and Patsy Cline. I won't even listen to the new stuff. I'm really into bluegrass, though.
    I completely agree. I like old stuff like Johnny Cash, bluegrass, etc. as well-but I don't like any of the newer country stuff. Any country I like has to be 1985 or earlier...
  • Without a doubt Hank Williams Sr was the greatest.