General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-18-2007, 02:40 PM   #31  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

Since I'm in college, it tends to be easier to recycle. In our bathroom we have a paper recycling box where we can put our paper towels (since there is no air hand dryer >.<). We also have different boxes for plastic bottles, glass bottles, and cans. I just wish we had an on-campus garden so we could use food scraps for compost! With all the tea I have to throw out, it would do some good in someone's yard. I just have no way to store it/transport it.
charolastra00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:03 AM   #32  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I bought a couple of those shopping bags yesterday and took them on my errands this morning. It felt pretty good to say ... no bag thanks, I'll use this.
It is a great feeling, isn't it?! Are they available in most grocery stores in The States? I keep meaning to ask my sister and keep forgetting. Seems like it's just taken off in the last year over here. Before that, I'd reuse my old plastic ones and got some really weird looks when I'd toss a big wad of wrinkled up grocery bags on the conveyor, lol.
Mummy_Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:18 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I had in mind that I would look for some bags that supported something local ... the Ag society or something, but I found these in a grocer and thought they'd be fine.

I may still talk to the Ag society. Selling bags with their logo on would be a worthwhile fundraiser, I think.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 08:02 PM   #34  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

I recycle for money. Also known as buybacks. I even have my friend save her stuff so I can go recycle it. I keep the bottles and cans and basically anything with the recycling logo on it. I have a savings and everytime I recycle I am throwing the money in there. I had to use all of it, unfortunately, but I am getting back into saving the money because I have a trip to save up for as well
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote