3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   "Serving Size: 1.5 Olives" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/121579-serving-size-1-5-olives.html)

K8-EEE 08-29-2007 07:47 PM

"Serving Size: 1.5 Olives"

Who writes these food labels? Do they really think that anybody ever really eats a half of an olive?

"I can't possibly eat this second one, I'll have to split it with somebody!"

"Oh waiter, can I get a doggie bag for the other half of this olive?"

Sheesh!

That said, the Mezzetta jalapeno stufffed green olives truly rock!!

LindseyLouWho 08-29-2007 08:10 PM

I'm a fan of the garlic stuffed ones myself, but I agree! What is up with the 1.5 olive thing? I usually just eat 3 to make it easy on myself. :devil:

Christine in NJ 08-29-2007 08:42 PM

That's ok, I'm still puzzled over how I can eat all the lime flavored dill sandwich pickles I want for 0 calories, but I can only have 4 bread and butter pickle slices (not the long ones, the circles) for 25 calories. They both come from cucumbers!!

StillTryin 08-29-2007 09:02 PM

Christine, the bread and butter pickles are AWSOME, but they have LOTS of sugar in them, that is why they are restricted....:(

K8-EEE 08-29-2007 09:34 PM

Great minds think alike -- I did have three! With a tarted up V8 on the rocks, that is my scaled down version of cocktail hour these days, that is a MAJOR craving category for me: SOMETHING SALTY WITH DRINKS!!!

I can walk away from the dessert table 90% of the times, but chips/salsa/margaritas, OMG, stand behind me Satan and DON'T PUSH!

I'm sure that most of the weight I gained is due to stuff I ate in between and/or before meals, rather than the meals themselves....

Quote:

Originally Posted by LindseyLouWho (Post 1833823)
I'm a fan of the garlic stuffed ones myself, but I agree! What is up with the 1.5 olive thing? I usually just eat 3 to make it easy on myself. :devil:

Pita09 08-30-2007 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StillTryin (Post 1833888)
Christine, the bread and butter pickles are AWSOME, but they have LOTS of sugar in them, that is why they are restricted....:(

Mt. Olive has bread and butter pickles made with Splenda. I can eat 6 for zero calories. Which in my mind means I can eat the whole jar for zero calories. :D

mumof5 09-03-2007 11:05 PM

the 0.5 olive solution

You're supposed to bite that second olive in half, and hurl the remaining half at the idiot who came up with that serving size.:dizzy:

rakel 09-03-2007 11:16 PM

I feel you... the nutrition labels are ridiculous with the serving size... I have often thought the same thing!

But I will say that I do NOT like green olives, and the only pickles I like are the bread and butter ones :P My top disliked condiments are probably green olives, pickles and mustard. I know, I'm weird... :P

ANOther 09-06-2007 01:49 PM

Yeah, whoever decides serving size is nuts. Recently I went to visit my aunt for lunch in her convent and had creamed chipped beef ("SOS") over mashed potatoes. Stouffer has SOS, it's <200 calories a serving so should be reasonably calorie-counter-friendly (probably a mite high in sodium though), but the trouble is it's one large packet with 2.5 servings! Can't Stouffer make it just as easily in single-serving packs? :soap: