General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-24-2007, 10:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Default For Women Only - Book Suggestion

I'm in the middle of a wonderful book that I wanted to share with all the women on the board! It's a book that I think every woman that has a DH, a boyfriend, or the desire to have one in the future would benefit from reading. I'm getting one for all of my gal pals for Christmas!

The book is called "For Women Only; what you need to know about the inner lives of men" by Shaunti Feldhahn. I do have to warn you though, that she is a Christian fiction writer. While the book is not littered with scriptural references, there are some biblically based undertones which may offend some readers.

Since starting to read this book on Monday, I have noticed that I respond to situations with DH differently resulting in less tiffs. We both seem to be happier and more at peace than we have been in a long time. I also feel the need to point out that this difference has not cost me anything besides a change in the way I word things. It does not promote a subservient attitude towards women, which is very important to me. I definitely feel like completing this book and applying its basic principles will change a lot about the way DH and respond to each other in a VERY positive way.

So, there it is. Hope some of you get the chance to read it! It's worth it! And if anyone has read it, what was your reaction to it? Did you notice any changes in you and SO's relationship? Please share!

Thanks for your time, Kim

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 08-24-2007 at 11:43 AM.
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:25 AM   #2  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

Hmmm maybe i should look into this book - cause right now i can't stand the bf!
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Thanks! I've had a bit of a hard time finding books like that without it having undertones of women need to be submissive at all times no matter what to their husbands.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:16 AM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the "thumbs-up". I might need to read this book. I am definitely not the subservient type but I sure wish I could gain some perspective on how men feel.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote