I quit trying to justify working for a company that doesnt invest in you as an "employee"!!! I have been over and over it in my head to many times!
Well as you know I had accepted a position with Aflac. Well the more people I talk to and more I think about it, I can NOT accept it. I do not like that they do not bear any of the risk involved in hiring you as an "employee". Seems that you are taking 100% risk to sell thier product. I can not do that. So I let them know today that I cant and will not accept the position! I appologized for any trouble I may have caused for delaying my choice.
BUT, on a higher, MUCH HIGHER, note....
I sent my resume to a company this week Monday, and by Tuesday the manager of the site was calling me to set up an interview for last night. It went well!!!! This is a much better company, been around over 100 yrs, and have a GREAT emplyment record for employees staying for over 10 yrs on average. Read below to see what happened:
I had an appointment at 4:45, I got there at 4:20 to fill out the app and take the test. I was done with 5 minutes to spare. The manager had an interview at 4pm and he was done by 4:35! So I figured it would be pretty quick through the interview. Well, it was 6pm before I left and we went in his office at 4:40! So that was good. We had a nice talk and he let me ask all the questions I wanted, he didnt rush or anything. He also told me that there were A LOT of applicants, but they only interviewed 18. They are going to call back 4-5 for a second interview and I should know on that by tomorrow!!! I am excited. He talked to me about the pay and benefits, I have never gotten that info on a first interview, so that was a promising sign. I think typically they save that for the candidates that they feel have a GOOD chance of being offered the position, since that is supposed to be "privilidged" info. He went through how the training works and that he wants someone to start about the 14th of Sept, which would be good as long as I hear about it by next week Friday so I can give my 2 full weeks notice, I dont want hard feelings where I am at now. BUT OMG girls! The pay/benefits would almost (but not quite) TRIPLE
my income! Please wish me luck I really want this job, this would be a super step for me and my family! I dont know how I will last until tomorrow to hear, and then if I get the second interview, how will I last all weekend until Tuesday when they do them. I mean the manager and I had great "chemistry" during the interview (nothing sexual, just got along well)....Oh sorry for rambling!!!!!! And there is super advancement potential since the manager said he loves the company but will be transfering within a few years.