Green Tea...where to get???

• Does anyone know of a good place to get green tea that is already made up and ready to drink, preferably organic?
  • Do you have a local health food store? They should have it.

I've heard that bottled green tea loses it's antioxidant effects.
  • OK, I won't bother with it then
    Thanks.
  • On second thought, I don't know why it would if it's done naturally
  • I can get bottled stuff in the natural food section of the grocery store. I can get green teabags there too or I can get bulk green tea in a mom and pop natural food store. Too much of it causes constipation.

I like red tea. It comes from africa and goes by the name of rooibos tea. No caffeine. Bodum makes a nice tea diffuser. Don't bother with those little balls that hold bulk tea. They're a pain to load up and clean.
  • Trader Joe's has a really nice bottled green tea - one regular flavor and another with orange and bergamot that is really nice. I have no idea about the antioxidant issue that Suzanne mentioned.
  • Quote: Too much of it causes constipation....I like red tea. It comes from africa and goes by the name of rooibos tea. No caffeine. Bodum makes a nice tea diffuser. Don't bother with those little balls that hold bulk tea. They're a pain to load up and clean.
    Don't wanna get backed up

So, any amount of caffeine is bad?
    And, what is "tea diffuser" exactly?

Quote: Trader Joe's has a really nice bottled green tea - one regular flavor and another with orange and bergamot that is really nice. I have no idea about the antioxidant issue that Suzanne mentioned.
    Is that the brand name of the bottled tea, or the store where it's sold?
  • It's a store: http://www.traderjoes.com/
  • Caffeine is okay if you're not drinking excessive amounts.

I should have said "tea infuser" instead of "diffuser". It's a metal basket you put your bulk or loose tea in when you drop it into your cup so that you don't drink chunks of tea leaves. Search amazon for bodum yo yo and you'll see the one I like.

I think tea in bulk is cheaper. Tea bags have finer holes. All the infusers I've seen allow larger particles to escape than bags.

There's a thread here on 3 fat chicks about how green tea can get you constipated.
  • I could always mix it with Prune Juice
    <--- working the constipation out...
  • You should get it in every shop with safe food I think