General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-13-2007, 12:06 PM   #1  

Default For those of you with constipation

X

Last edited by elmuyloco5; 03-26-2008 at 01:23 PM.
elmuyloco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:40 PM   #2  
Wanna be below 200!

S/C/G: 289/see ticker/150

Height: 5ft7

Hmm, that might be my problem too, I've been constipated quite a bit recently and I had increased my green tea intake, I couldn't work it out as I'd been eating much more fruit and veg. Thanks for the info, I'll google it at work tomorrow
crazy helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:53 PM   #3  

X

Last edited by elmuyloco5; 03-26-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:42 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

That's very interesting... Here's one rule of thumb that I think everyone should consider:

Just because some is good doesn't mean more is better.

It's always a good idea to check out anything you're ingesting, be it a new vitamin, an herbal remedy, an over-the-counter remedy, a prescription medicine, or in this case, even tea! Just about anything has an upside and a downside--and overdoing anything is a really bad idea.

(Tylenol is a case in point--it is actually toxic to the liver if you take more than the recommended dose. It has been known to cause death in cases of overuse.)

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:20 AM   #5  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

OK, I have been pretty much constipated my entire life...it runs in my family. I did however have sometime when I was "normal". Now I am going to test this theory about the green tea. I usually drink a lot of water and green tea so I am going to just drink water for the rest of the week and see if that makes any difference. I sure hope it does because I HATE not being able to go.....
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:32 AM   #6  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

I read this article as I have had trouble in the old plumbing department until recent weeks. I think for me it was the combination of change of diet and increase in my medication ( which is known to cause constipation ) But for myself I added flaxseed (milled) into my diet and that has help me.

But more interesting to me about the whole article was the possible connection of caffeine to multiple sclerosis. I have MS and did drink a vast quality of caffeine (either in strong coffee or cola) I no longer drink caffeinated drinks and have not done for about 3 years. i have trigeminal neuralgia and it is though to be helpful in reducing the incidences of attacks.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:49 AM   #7  

X

Last edited by elmuyloco5; 03-26-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:06 PM   #8  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

elmuy-
I can sympathize with you. I have had chronic constipation for years! Iron does it to me also. I drink (usually) a big cup of senna tea each day and that helps, but recently I have been worse than usual....and guess what that is when I upped my green tea (iced) that it happened. So that iswhy I am cutting that out to see if that could be the culprit in my case also. I hope so, and if it was the reason, I want to thank you for opening my eyes to a potential back up in the future!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:11 PM   #9  

X

Last edited by elmuyloco5; 03-26-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:35 PM   #10  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I've also had a lot of problems with irregularity dating back to when I first started losing weight. I've tried pretty much every laxative/stimulant on the market. Now, I'm finding that with eating one Fiber One bar a day that it works better for me than anything else has.

I drink a lot of coffee so this might be contributing to my problem. I'm now in the habit of forcing down a glass of water between each cup of coffee to try to help some.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote