3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   For those of you with constipation (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/120303-those-you-constipation.html)

elmuyloco5 08-13-2007 12:06 PM

For those of you with constipation

X

crazy helen 08-13-2007 04:40 PM

Hmm, that might be my problem too, I've been constipated quite a bit recently and I had increased my green tea intake, I couldn't work it out as I'd been eating much more fruit and veg. Thanks for the info, I'll google it at work tomorrow :)

elmuyloco5 08-13-2007 05:53 PM

X

JayEll 08-13-2007 09:42 PM

That's very interesting... Here's one rule of thumb that I think everyone should consider:

Just because some is good doesn't mean more is better.

It's always a good idea to check out anything you're ingesting, be it a new vitamin, an herbal remedy, an over-the-counter remedy, a prescription medicine, or in this case, even tea! Just about anything has an upside and a downside--and overdoing anything is a really bad idea.

(Tylenol is a case in point--it is actually toxic to the liver if you take more than the recommended dose. It has been known to cause death in cases of overuse.)

Jay

StillTryin 08-14-2007 09:20 AM

OK, I have been pretty much constipated my entire life...it runs in my family. I did however have sometime when I was "normal". Now I am going to test this theory about the green tea. I usually drink a lot of water and green tea so I am going to just drink water for the rest of the week and see if that makes any difference. I sure hope it does because I HATE not being able to go.....

purpleorc 08-14-2007 09:32 AM

I read this article as I have had trouble in the old plumbing department until recent weeks. I think for me it was the combination of change of diet and increase in my medication ( which is known to cause constipation ) But for myself I added flaxseed (milled) into my diet and that has help me.

But more interesting to me about the whole article was the possible connection of caffeine to multiple sclerosis. I have MS and did drink a vast quality of caffeine (either in strong coffee or cola) I no longer drink caffeinated drinks and have not done for about 3 years. i have trigeminal neuralgia and it is though to be helpful in reducing the incidences of attacks.

elmuyloco5 08-14-2007 11:49 AM

X

StillTryin 08-14-2007 03:06 PM

elmuy-
I can sympathize with you. I have had chronic constipation for years! Iron does it to me also. I drink (usually) a big cup of senna tea each day and that helps, but recently I have been worse than usual....and guess what that is when I upped my green tea (iced) that it happened. So that iswhy I am cutting that out to see if that could be the culprit in my case also. I hope so, and if it was the reason, I want to thank you for opening my eyes to a potential back up in the future!

elmuyloco5 08-14-2007 09:11 PM

X

lilybelle 08-15-2007 03:35 PM

I've also had a lot of problems with irregularity dating back to when I first started losing weight. I've tried pretty much every laxative/stimulant on the market. Now, I'm finding that with eating one Fiber One bar a day that it works better for me than anything else has.

I drink a lot of coffee so this might be contributing to my problem. I'm now in the habit of forcing down a glass of water between each cup of coffee to try to help some.