General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-05-2007, 05:54 PM   #16  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Thanks so much everyone.
Since today is Sunday I was going to wait until tomorrow to call my regular Dr. I don't like his nurse, but oh well. I will leave a msg.
I have not had good experience with those walk in clinics.
I must admit I am mildly nervous.
Today I've had some heartburn...just took 2 tums ....I'm a little nervous, but I will try to think positive, that is our family motto.."think positive and positive things will happen".
Thanks for all the well wishes, I will post again after I talk with the Drs office!
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:20 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Just read your post here. So sorry for the night of horror. Just a note of help just in case....my hubby has bad acid reflux and has had the same problems as you and I am a pharmacist. He is on prescription meds for it, but sometimes he has flare ups. If you don't have any antacids on hand, gulp a big glass of milk. The calcium in the milk neutralizes the acids. Calcium is what is in Tums...not the same exact form as in milk, but it works in a pinch or if all else fails. We found this out when we were at a mall and he had a bad flare up and forgot his tums. Water wasn't helping. I had to think fast. No drugs stores in the mall, but the food court had milk. He gulped it and the reflux went away!!! He's been using milk ever since then when he has a flare up.

Oh, and I would look into that sleep study...apnea and reflux are very common together. Propping yourself up with some pillows was some very good advice also.

I hope you can get some rest tonight.
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:03 PM   #18  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the tip on drinking milk! I will drink a glass about an hour before I go to bed! Thanks!!
I just never heard of having reflux in your SLEEP !!! How is that possible?
DH asked if I had eaten before bed...and I had eaten maybe within an hr or 2.
Lately I am just so scared about clogged arteries and everything else.
Just when I think I'm "serious" about my health & diet this comes along so now I am "really" serious. I need to crank up the fruits & veggies and never forget my synthroid or vitamins. And must call my DR for a check up.
I will use an extra pillow tonight.
Thanks a million everyone !!!!!!
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote