General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-28-2007, 06:36 PM   #16  
Addicted to potato salad!

My mother vacuuming. We had the loudest, highest-pitched, whiney vacuum cleaner in the world!

Being forced to eat dinner that I hated...like beef stew ...bleh!
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 11:28 PM   #17  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
What did you hate growing up?
My brother. Then I grew up.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 11:39 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

My second grade teacher. She was HORRIBLE. No sense of humor, no patience, no business teaching. Enough said.

The other thing I hated was that my grandmother used to dress myself and my older sister alike all the time. We were totally different in both looks and personalities. Luckily, my mom hated it as well and would let us change as soon as she saw us!
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:16 AM   #19  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I think my childhood was fun growing up with 6 of us kids. I never minded sharing a bedroom with my sisters. Never minded sharing my clothes.

The things I did hate were:
Helping my dad clean the deer, rabbits and squirrels that he and my brothers had hunted for.
Hated that my parents felt it was necessary to make all 6 kids chew a weekly laxative on the same day and we only had one bathroom.
Hated that my older sister cut my hair with a bowl once and it ended up being about 1 inch all over my head. I let her do it cause for one, I didn't know better and 2 my dad did not believe girls should ever cut their hair.
Hated that my older sisters always lied and said it "wasn't their turn" to have to wash dishes.

Most of all, I hated the tarantulas that were under our peach tree. To this day, I am terrified of spiders.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:23 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelslady View Post
Oh, and I used to hate when my grandmother took baths in Lysol. The bathtub looked gross after she took her bath in it. Ick, ick, ick!
See my posts #18 and 19 in this thread:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...=118003&page=2

ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:03 AM   #21  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

I hated it when my Mom would wash my running shoes!
The first time she did it, she didn't rinse them out right (she didn't believe in machines), and they were damp when I put them on.
I walked to school during a rainstorm, and when I got to school, I looked down and my feet were covered in soap suds. Really. Totally embarrassing...
There was another time when I put on a sweater and ran to University. I had a tough time during my English class, because my neighbor REEKED of vinegar. And I mean REEKED. He smelled like a fish and chips shop. Until I realized that the horrible smell was ME. My mom liked to rinse my sweaters in vinegar (!) to "keep the colors fresh"....
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:02 AM   #22  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
I think my childhood was fun growing up with 6 of us kids. I never minded sharing a bedroom with my sisters. Never minded sharing my clothes.

Hated that my parents felt it was necessary to make all 6 kids chew a weekly laxative on the same day and we only had one bathroom.
Ok Lilybelle, that one got a giggle out of me! Looking back, it probably makes you wonder why they couldn't at least give everybody their own day.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:04 AM   #23  
paso a paso

S/C/G: 160/125/126

Height: reaching for 5'

"Do as I say, not as a do."

I heard that all the time and yeah, I still hate hypocrites.
mariposita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:48 PM   #24  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hated those phone calls to my mom, from my dad, late at night from the bar saying "Come down and meet my new friends"...she sure hated going to pick his butt up! But she always did...otherwise he was driving!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:46 PM   #25  
Pending Email Confirmation

Mom having all the windows and doors open in the winter because she was too hot.

Mom waking me up on the weekends waaay to early because she thought that 8AM was a good time to do her chores, including vacuuming - while blasting QUEEN. ugh!
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:54 PM   #26  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziness View Post
Mom having all the windows and doors open in the winter because she was too hot.

COULD BE WORSE LIZZIE ~ how about a mom that was always too cold and a heavy smoker! cough...cough!

Mom waking me up on the weekends waaay to early because she thought that 8AM was a good time to do her chores, including vacuuming - while blasting QUEEN. ugh!
Now Angie would love "your" complaint on this..NO! She was the one that was woken up to DO those chores!

Hey Kiddo ~ What's wrong with Queen anyway...the freakin' ....
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:51 AM   #27  
Pending Email Confirmation

nothing is wrong with queen... if you enjoy their music. i just happen to not enjoy them (may have something to do with the 8am vacuuming *LOL*)

My parents were smokers too... once they waited all day because we were at some outdoor festival and they didn't want to offend anyone with their smoking - so they waited til we got in the boiling hot car with the windows rolled up to start smoking. boy - that one really ticked me off. Can't kill strangers, only your own kids.

Hmmm... I wonder what irritating things I can do to children, if I ever get around to having any... I think I'll wake mine up to Rage Against the Machine!
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote