General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-02-2007, 05:45 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

yeah, I'm gonna jump in here too!

I have been loving all the VH1 reality shows as well. This one with Bret is hilarious! He's actually quite funny!

Not sure what possessed him to do this show, but it sure makes for a fun Sunday! I kinda like Rodeo, but she may have a little screw loose too. It'll be interesting to see who gets the boot this week. I was watching the outtakes on VH1's website and I just have to shake my head... gotta love reality TV!

Not sure why Scott Baio needs a TV show, but like a train wreck, I have to look! Seems like he should finally chuck that leech of a friend and hang around people like Henry Winkler...
aymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:31 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Bret is hilarious, I agree! He's an awesome guy, actually... I've met him once and hope to meet him again!

I like(d) Rodeo but I do believe she might have some problems. She's the type of person who I would really like at first, then get annoyed at her "I'm so great + let me share all my sob stories with you!" ways... but then, she'd do such awesome things like man handlin' beyatches and I'd wonder how I could have possibly doubted her coolness in the first place. I think Rodeo and Bret could be good for each other, though.

Brandi M would be good for him, as well. And I really like Sam, but I have a feeling that all the trust issues will get her booted at some point. If they don't, Bret will probably break her heart.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:30 AM   #33  

I agree. I liked Rodeo at first, but then when I saw a few more episodes, she's got a screw loose! But I guess it's paved with good intentions and they do have some chemistry, but I'm not convinced any of those girls is a perfect match.

I like Same as well. They'd be good together except she's mildly jealous and doesn't drink with him which seems to be a hurdle with him (even though he shouldn't drink since he's diabetic!). But she has morals and I'm rooting for her in a way.

Ok, if anyone reads Oxygen magazine, Rodeo is in an ad for a diet pill. How sad. She's in one of the first few adds from the beginning. Her "real?" name is Cindi. I wonder when that ad was shot: before or after her appearance on Rock of Love....
Old 08-27-2007, 09:09 AM   #34  

My guess would be after.
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:12 AM   #35  
sfj

Which issue?
sfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:33 PM   #36  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

hmmmm - Bret Michaels = yummy.
Yet another thing NightengaleShane have in common - we like Bret!
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:37 PM   #37  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

I heart this show! I HATE LACIE!!!! That is all LOL.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:59 PM   #38  
I restore Teeth.

I really don't like that red haired girl (the brat that keeps on talking about eliminating everyone else), but I adore Brandi (the pink haired blonde). Bret IS funny though. I try my best not to watch it (I think my mom will totally yell at me for it).
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:29 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

I considered Flavor of Love a highly entertaining sociology class. How else would someone as pale as I am know that grills are not for cooking or protecting the radiator in a car?!?

I just watched the episode with the final six girls and quickly came to the conclusion that Rock of Love has the same draw as a county fair... you know both the bands and the rides were much more exciting when you were younger/shorter... but you know all the words to the songs and food fried in a questionably hygenic trailer is a once a year American rite of passage/requirement... and the people? They always make you wonder where the he// they came from and whether they actually live in your neighborhood... then again, I guess I'm right there with 'em! Woo Hoo!

The one Poison concert I went to a few years ago was a blast... it was as if the entire audience sheepishly acknowledged that it was lame and let it all out anyway. I'd recognize someone in the audience and instinctively duck before realizing we were BOTH busted I've never known that many people in the audience at the symphony!

I think Jes is pretty cool... I'm cheering for her.
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:27 AM   #40  

LOL@ Lafayette and the Poison concert... I LOVE POISON! and I am SHAMELESS about it! Poison rocks and I've met Bret and he's a super nice guy! Plus he's still looking pretty hot! Poison puts on a great live show.

As for the girls, I like Brandi and Jes best for Bret. Sam is such a sweet girl and seems like a dork (in the best way possible), but I don't know if her and Bret would work out considering she always wants to leave and gets jealous easily. Lacey and Heather both grind my nerves, but in the way that I love to hate them. It would be hilarious if they were the final two and got to compete against each other!

aymster - two things: 1) that Rodeo diet pill ad was probably after. And yup, her real name is Cindy Steedle. She has a myspace page and everything: http://www.myspace.com/cindyrodeo - she apparently is trying to start her own sausage company and her own charity/foundation. She has a lot of amazing qualities, actually... and she said on this interview that the reason she is so emotional is because she has been through so much... but all that breaking down wasn't necessary! Have you noticed that Bret seems to like diagnosing people with mental illnesses, though? First he said Rodeo had a panic attack, then said Sam was bipolar... I see a trend...

2) diabetics actually can drink... what alcohol does to a diabetic is the whole... spike and crash bit - as in, high blood sugars initially because of the sugar/carbs in the drink followed by low because of the alcohol - if you're diabetic and just conscious of what your blood sugars are while drinking, then it's no worse than for a non diabetic, really... I don't know health conscious Bret is because they don't really show him checking his blood sugar or taking insulin or anything like that on his show...but I'm assuming that since he is still reasonably healthy at 44 years old, he must be doing *something* right
Old 08-28-2007, 08:43 AM   #41  

Oh, I'm aware diabetics can drink (since I have many in my family ) but when you live the life of a 'rock star', it probably isn't in moderation... And I just had to wonder about the time they all had water instead of beer and he blamed it on his liver... but yeah, he probably has a nutritionist watching all that.

The issue is the latest Oxygen mag, Sept. Issue, I believe. I just have to shake my head, ya know? I know the mags are put together at least a month in advance and the show was probably shot in the winter or spring, so it was probably after. I just wondered if it was an older ad and they put it in after this show aired...

Funny, as I catch up with the shows, I too like Jes and Brandi M. HA! But yeah, that fake-red headed bee-yotch Lacie has to go. She's evil!

That's an interesting myspace page. I still don't get it: It just makes me wonder why she was really on the show...
Old 08-28-2007, 09:12 AM   #42  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

MAKE HIM GET RID OF LACEY! (please...)
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:14 AM   #43  

I think Rodeo was on the show halfway for Bret and halfway for her own publicity and self-promotion. On VSPOT, there were videos called "Rodeo's Empire" where she blabbed about herself ALL THE TIME! She never let Bret or anyone else get a word in edgewise with her self promotion... but then she said her and Bret had a connection... I believe they did, and I've also heard they stayed friends (she's been spotted at Poison concerts and been given some kind of special treatment!)

Oh, I'm sure Bret's drinking is not in moderation I laughed when they toasted with water... then said, "aww, poor Bret!" I kind of felt bad for him - I believe he said in People magazine that he knows drinking as much as he does isn't the best thing for his diabetes, but he just doesn't care. What a great diabetic role model huh? -and yes, he really does try to be a rode model for people with diabetes... he's said so in countless interviews...
Old 08-28-2007, 01:57 PM   #44  
Rocky Mountain "Hi"

S/C/G: 212 / 204 / 150

Height: 5'3"

Mmmkay, I'll reluctantly confess to watching this hot mess.

I remember seeing Bret on some fitness show a few years back and he looked really good. Unfortunately, he seems to have let himself go a bit since then. Plus, the whole mystery as to what's under his everpresent hat/headband is driving me nuts. He really should unveil so the groupie-chicks will know what they're signing up for.

Can't say I care for any of the chicks since they're all in it for the attention and exposure. And Bret comes across as one horny guy. Seems EVERYTHING is "kind of a turn on" for him.

Lacey is a total psycho, but won't get kicked off because she is ratings gold. It really bugs when she tattles all kinds of misinformation to Bret and he swallows it hook, line and sinker. Is the man really that dense? Or, just thinking with the wrong head.
wurdnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:03 PM   #45  

LOL yup, everything DOES turn Bret on! Of course he's a horndog... he's a rockstar and allowed to be.

I never saw Bret on any fitness show, though he WAS on VH1's Rock Bodies once and looked GREAT with his 6 pack abs. He has DEFINITELY let himself go since then, though - now he has a little bit of a gut instead, but in my opinion, he still looks good anyway! He says he is really into fitness stuff and works hard to keep the body up... but now I'm wondering WHAT body? j/k, it's not that bad, he still has nice arms and he isn't fat by ordinary person standards.